Request from novice builder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request from novice builder

When replying or discussing someone's speaker design please include a link to them so we can find what they are, availability, etc.

Over half of the speaker's I've read about are hard to find and if I start browsing the sticky of designs too many links are broken/outdated etc.

I really appreciate the comments and information being shared here but not being able to find more information is really frustrating.

I usually have pretty good luck using google and typing parts express techtalk followed by the project name.

Comment

Yes, but how many broken links, inactive sites and designs using drivers no longer available do you have to go through before giving up?

Comment

It’s not often that I can’t find what I’m looking for using that search language and google (specifically google)

Comment

Bing works pretty good for me, PE Tech Talk and the designer forum name and design name.

What do you want to know? I can Bing it for you. Seriously, lots of people here will help you find stuff if you ask.

Comment

What I'm looking for is an old-school 3-way with a passive radiator. Any links to existing designs would be greatly appreciated.

I've found lots of designs that look good but when you find a detailed thread it's years old and many of the drivers are no longer available.

What I'm asking is that if you like a design please give the rest of us some information.

(Sorry for delay replying. Had to make a 1800 mile trip to family reunion. 4 of 6 siblings, 12 of 15 children, 8 of 12 grandchildren. Yep, lots of folks!)

Comment

2 out of 3....

Design Team Build #3 - The Juggernauts (also know as The Better Late Than Never) - Techtalk Speaker Building, Audio, Video Discussion Forum

Comment

One day - I'm going to get off my backside an create the uber speaker design index page / site. I'll have security setup so designers can control content / links if they choose, or I will maintain as best I can. I might even wiki it, if I can apply stringent approval, so it doesn't get ransacked.

Comment

Upon further thought, old school and passive radiator don't really go together in my experience. I did an Econowave (2 way horn tweeter, 12" woofer) for about $400 /pr. That is kind of old school and the parts are available. I noticed you were considering Javad"s big horn 3 way.

John Krutke (Zaph) has a massive 12" woofer SB Acoustics design available. He also drew up a tower cab for his BAMTM with a 12" sideways Dayton sub.

Comment

Working...
                  X