X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
    ...and the Finalist tweeters are NLA.
    Wolf
    Curt did an update with Morel 328 tweeters but then the NE149-4 mids have gone NLA due to a minimum order of 500 pieces. 8 ohm versions are still available but would require yet another crossover rework. Time to move on.

Jim

Comment

I knew it was for one reason or another. I did not know of the tweeter rehash on them.
      Wolf
      "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
      "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
      "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
      "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
      http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Holtz View Post

Curt did an update with Morel 328 tweeters but then the NE149-4 mids have gone NLA due to a minimum order of 500 pieces. 8 ohm versions are still available but would require yet another crossover rework. Time to move on.

Jim
        That's a big shame about the ne149, Jim. That was a very popular design and a good option for a lot of people.

Comment

Originally posted by civit View Post

That's a big shame about the ne149, Jim. That was a very popular design and a good option for a lot of people.
          Thanks! We're bummed about it too. From our perspective Tymphany has become an unreliable supplier of drivers and we'll focus on other high performing brands as we move forward.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Holtz View Post
            Thanks! We're bummed about it too. From our perspective Tymphany has become an unreliable supplier of drivers and we'll focus on other high performing brands as we move forward.
            Jim
            Any recommendations for 15cm midranges in that price class? Satori MW13p seems like a good option.

Comment

The SB15CAC has wonderful midrange and doesn't break the bank.
              Craig

Comment

Originally posted by civit View Post

Any recommendations for 15cm midranges in that price class? Satori MW13p seems like a good option.
                I agree with Craig. The SB15CAC is really excellent and affordable. Revelators are always a sold choice but double the money. That said, I really like the mids of the NE series drivers if Tymphany would quit screwing around with availability. The NE149-8 is excellent and available. Many will disagree but I'm not sure that I don't prefer it to the Rev's. I've not heard the Satori MW 13P so I can't comment beyond its hard to find a SB driver that doesn't sound good. My 1st impression of the SB15CAC was extremely positive. I'm hoping to spend more time with it in the future.

HTH

Jim

Comment

Working...
                X