Passive Radiators -- pros and cons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chad1376 View Post
    Without knowing the environment in your shop, a possible advantage of a PR might be to prevent "stuff" from making it's way into (and living) in the speaker cabinet. Sawdust, bugs, mice, etc??
    That very though occurred to me as I was considering these responses.

Yep, big "PLUS" for PR's

UPDATE:

I've found a pair of the old KLH 5001's that I had and will pick them up Saturday -- and only $100!

I'll give them a good listen and decide if they're "good enough", "good enough until I can build something better" or "boy my memory is shot!"

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post

That very though occurred to me as I was considering these responses.

Yep, big "PLUS" for PR's

UPDATE:

I've found a pair of the old KLH 5001's that I had and will pick them up Saturday -- and only $100!

I'll give them a good listen and decide if they're "good enough", "good enough until I can build something better" or "boy my memory is shot!"

If they're vintage, they may need new caps and even new woofer surrounds to sound their best.
      Francis

Comment

Time is cruel.

Comment

Originally posted by djg View Post
          Time is cruel.
          Isnt it? mr.Sr citizen LOL

Comment

Get old or die, your choice.

And AARP is worse than the NRA in the amount of crap they bombard you with in your mail and email.

Comment

I didn't think there was a choice as both lead to the same destination. LOL

AARP to a Senior Citizen is like Chemo therapy to Cancer. $$$$$$ LMAO

I am bombarded with organizations asking for donations. Just because I donated once does not mean I will donate every time. LOL

Comment

Working...
              X