X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GR Research Danny Richie Tech Talk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prwyd7XlqVI&t=1s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH2nRWtS3as

Danny Richie from GR Research gives out advice on New Record days channel.

I've been intrigued by his open baffle subs and planars which is similar in concept to my DML panels.

He doesn't look like I imagined.

He's a member here at PETT but hasn't been very active.

Comment

He is very active on A.C....I go there just to read his posts. IMO he seems really innovative, he even likes to upgrade other name brand commercial speakers. Most Industry participants wouldn't give any other product except there own the time of day.

Comment

I remember two things that stand out for me on Danny. When Dennis Murphy was selling a small two way for a fund raiser for animals and ran out of tweeters Danny offered him the same model so he could continue his fund raiser. Danny also attended one of the first North Texas DIY events. For a guy selling his own line of speakers he was extremely kind with his input and feedback. Just a class act.

Comment

Comb filtering part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGSf...CJBzHrj-vUbApM

Comment

Who remembers this classic thread?

A response to misleading information posted on Zaph Audio

Comment

Originally posted by djg View Post
              One of the all time classic threads! My favorite quote from that discussion:

"Don't email me or call me, I'm not interested in having a "discussion" with you in much the same way I'm not interested in petting a rabid Chihuahua after I kicked it off my leg."

How can you not love that?

"Everything is nothing without a high sound quality." (Sure Electronics)

Comment

In the early 2000's I used to frequent the Mad Board, and after a few years I got away from speaker building while finishing up my Navy career and riding dirt bikes for family recreation outside of San Diego. Good times.

Many years later, I began seeing reference to Krutke on this site but have never noticed him actually around here. I'm guessing I missed all the drama years ago and he decided to steer clear of it all. Is this sort of correct?

Which has me wondering, what ever happened to Zaph?

Comment

Zaph keeps his site open with a few designs. He produced a midwoofer and a set of designs using it, available elsewhere. This is about the only drama he ever was associated with that I'm aware of.
                  Last edited by djg; 07-10-2019, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by djg View Post
                    Those two were like oil and water...lol

Comment

In part 2 Danny said you cant use 2 tweeters together as there is a suck out of frequencies. When I look at Bryston tower speakers they use two tweeters, is there a technique they use to prevent it?

Comment

Dang. That thread is downright toxic.

​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Unbiasedsound View Post
                          In part 2 Danny said you cant use 2 tweeters together as there is a suck out of frequencies. When I look at Bryston tower speakers they use two tweeters, is there a technique they use to prevent it?
                          The crossover may possibly be modified for the second tweeter to change the frequency range that they both cover.

Comment

Maybe one of the tweeters isn't connected.

Comment

Originally posted by rickcraig View Post

The crossover may possibly be modified for the second tweeter to change the frequency range that they both cover.
                              Yeah that's what I was thinking.

Comment

Working...
                              X