Need a copper or bronze colored tweeter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a copper or bronze colored tweeter

Wondering if anyone can think of any to recommend. Building some 2.5 ways using 4 B4Ns per side, thought it would be cool if the tweeter matched, or was close to, the cone color of the HiVis. It'll be active, so not too concerned with the usual parameters. Just something on par sound quality wise, and let's say not to exceed $30/tweeter.

Thanks.

The only ones I know of that are reputable, are the Audible Physic tweeters, and they are not in your price range. The TB 25-1743S is NLA, so that's out and also was too $alty. In fact, the only ones I know to have been copper have typically been over $100, and either of the Beryllium Copper or Copper variety. Thing is that copper is heavier than aluminum, titanium, or beryllium. This means that it will likely not have the flat to 20k response, unless the initial response before turning to copper was rising with a different material and the change fixed it.

You might be able to find a cheaper titanium tweeter with a less than silver hew, but I don't know of any.

Later,
    Wolf
    "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
    "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
    "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
    "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
    http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

How about one of the HiVi drivers like the B1S or B2S??

Steve

Comment

https://www.ebay.com/p/Pair-2pcs-Dav...er/25007559687

Comment

For what it's worth I have bought from that Ebay seller with no problems.

Comment

I haven't used them but the 53-5150 at newark looks like a decent color match.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMc View Post
              I haven't used them but the 53-5150 at newark looks like a decent color match.
              I have a pair of those and yes, I believe the color is extremely close to the B4N cone color. I can check tonight if you'd like.
              Craig

Comment

Originally posted by PWR RYD View Post

I have a pair of those and yes, I believe the color is extremely close to the B4N cone color. I can check tonight if you'd like.
                Thanks, it's hard to gauge color accurately on a screen but they seem to come closest to matching what the OP is looking for.

Comment

I just checked the color match. They are not exactly perfect but I don't think you will find a tweeter that matches any better. I've used that tweeter and it sounds good. Probably a good deal better than the small Dayton tweeter Paul used in the Overnight Sensations.
                  Craig

Comment

Have you measured it Craig? Does it really have that super peak around 23k?
                    A mains
                    The Ventures
                    Open Invit8tions
                    RSR
                    Sound Troopers
                    Acorns
                    DGBG's
                    The Monuments

Comment

I measured a year or two ago. I don't recall that peak.
                      Craig

Comment

The MCM looks interesting, I like the integrated grill, certainly fits the budget.

As to the DavidLouis stuff on ebay...I've been looking at their various offerings for years. They're certainly "interesting".

Already looked at the B1S and B2S. The low efficiency and power handling, coupled with a good amount of not so stellar reviews made me shy away from them.

Comment

The MCM tweeter is really nice looking. FS is a bit high, but it's prolly fine used properly.
                          A mains
                          The Ventures
                          Open Invit8tions
                          RSR
                          Sound Troopers
                          Acorns
                          DGBG's
                          The Monuments

Comment

Working...
                          X