Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B&G Price Increases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • B&G Price Increases

    I was looking at the B&G Neo10 planar driver, since I have wanted to get one to try for a long time. The price has gone from $200 just a couple weeks ago to $370 now! And the Neo8s has gone from $100 to $205. The rest of the B&G drivers have not increased. Anyone know the reason? At one time, these were made in the Philippines, but I thought a different company took them over.
    "She don't love my speakers anymore..."

  • #2
    My speculation is that when a product becomes popular they increase the price to meet the demands. I use to think the Tang Band W5-704D was one of the best bang for the buck when they were in the $20.00 something price range but NOT at $40.00.

    Comment


    • #3
      Who do they think they are, the pharmaceutical industry to double the price overnight? I am aware that PS audio showed a prototype speaker using the Neo10 recently, but they don't even have it listed on their website as a product. Is there a new DIY build with plans that use either of these drivers? Has anyone used a Neo10 that thinks it is worth $370? There was a speaker on the cover of the PE catalog some years ago that used a Neo10, but that seems to have faded into the night, I am not aware from reading this board that anyone really thinks the Neo10 or Neo8s is "all that". On top of that, PE moved it to the end of their planer driver selections and deleted all ratings/comments on it recently. Strange.
      "She don't love my speakers anymore..."

      Comment


      • #4
        PE has always been fair with their pricing. Most likely the price increase has come from Christie Digital, the projection company who has owned the BG property for several years now. They've been difficult to deal with to say the least.

        Greg

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by wavefunction View Post
          Who do they think they are, the pharmaceutical industry to double the price overnight? I am aware that PS audio showed a prototype speaker using the Neo10 recently, but they don't even have it listed on their website as a product. Is there a new DIY build with plans that use either of these drivers? Has anyone used a Neo10 that thinks it is worth $370? There was a speaker on the cover of the PE catalog some years ago that used a Neo10, but that seems to have faded into the night, I am not aware from reading this board that anyone really thinks the Neo10 or Neo8s is "all that". On top of that, PE moved it to the end of their planer driver selections and deleted all ratings/comments on it recently. Strange.
          Yup GR Research uses a lot of the Neo10's since his speakers are popular on A.C. and now even more popular since Danny Richie is doing youtube videos from New Record Days channel.

          Comment


          • #6
            Hi everyone! I'm Josh, the Product Development Manager here at Parts Express. I want everyone to know that Gregbegland is right about this one. The price increase originated from the source mentioned above. Our option was to either discontinue this line or keep the train moving; we chose the latter. We did not like the idea of removing these since they aren't available elsewhere. We promise, we're not raising the price due to their popularity, only because our prices were equally raised.

            Comment


            • #7
              FWIW, the Neo10 is one of the best, if not the best midrange I have heard in my 12 years +- of DIYing. Not saying I would pay $370 for it, but I wouldn't pay $370 for any driver.
              Dan N.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                Hi everyone! I'm Josh, the Product Development Manager here at Parts Express. I want everyone to know that Gregbegland is right about this one. The price increase originated from the source mentioned above. Our option was to either discontinue this line or keep the train moving; we chose the latter. We did not like the idea of removing these since they aren't available elsewhere. We promise, we're not raising the price due to their popularity, only because our prices were equally raised.
                No, I am not talking about P.E. but the SOURCE of the B&G products. If no one is buying the product it will be detrimental to increase prices, but when a product is in high demand its easier to increase prices because people will still pay for it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by dlneubec View Post
                  FWIW, the Neo10 is one of the best, if not the best midrange I have heard in my 12 years +- of DIYing. Not saying I would pay $370 for it, but I wouldn't pay $370 for any driver.
                  No, no , no you cant just say its the best midrange you've ever hear in 12 years+ ...you need to provide measurements. JOKE LMAO

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    My apologies to PE, I didn't think the culprit was them. I have a pair of Neo8PDR that I used for a few years, I think highly of them. I am currently using AMTPRO4s for tweeters. I was thinking of getting a Neo10 to try out with the Neo8PDR and a Neo3 I have also, just to see if the Neo10 is 'all that'. But I am not considering that any more!
                    "She don't love my speakers anymore..."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Just keep an eye out on ebay, I picked up a pair for $215 shipped. It will take a while though, it did for me.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        You got hella lucky
                        A mains
                        The Ventures
                        Open Invit8tions
                        RSR
                        Sound Troopers
                        Acorns
                        442
                        DGBG's
                        The Monuments

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by 6thplanet View Post
                          You got hella lucky
                          Lots of email price alerts, had to take a "bathroom break" at work right away

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Most likely the price increase has come from Christie Digital, the projection company who has owned the BG property for several years now. They've been difficult to deal with to say the least.
                            tellthebell

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X