Announcement

Collapse

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

What is End Correction and what do i do with it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is End Correction and what do i do with it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	winisd ns3 193.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	1416382 I just downloaded winisd and modeled my drivers. One of the parameters is for End Correction with a value of 0.732. What does this mean and what am i supposed to do with it? Also under the drop down button it gives the option for Two free ends, one flanged end and two flanged ends. I assume that refers to either a straight cut port or a rounded end/ends of the port. Each option changes the port length and port resonance figures slightly. How do i interpret and use these figures in building the port?

Just pick the option for the type of port you want to build. Do you have a straight port, a port with one flared end, or are both ends flared? It will adjust your length slightly to achieve the same desired tuning based on your selection. A port with 2 flared ends should be slightly longer than a straight port to achieve the same tuning, as the flared section is equivalent to a small section of tube of slightly larger diameter. Adjacent walls also effectively increase the port length slightly which won't be considered by most simulation software, so if you have adjacent walls to the port you may end up needing to shorten the port slightly to tune it, but in reality it's all just nitpicking as 1-2Hz difference in tuning is highly unlikely to be detected by your ears.
    "I just use off the shelf textbook filters designed for a resistor of 8 ohms with
    exactly a Fc 3K for both drivers, anybody can do it." -Xmax

Comment

dcibel, is that Scott Owen in your avatar?
      It is estimated that one percent of the general population are psychopaths - New Criminologist: Understanding Psychopaths

Comment

It sure is, from some show in the late 90's I think. I thought it was so cool when he would get up and ride his stand up bass like a surfboard while playing.
        "I just use off the shelf textbook filters designed for a resistor of 8 ohms with
        exactly a Fc 3K for both drivers, anybody can do it." -Xmax

Comment

Working...
        X