Ideas for Paradigm ADP 590 v4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas for Paradigm ADP 590 v4

Just built a new house in the Canada mountains, and got our furniture that had been in storage for 8 years delivered. Found a Yamaha 5 channel amp from Indonesia (1997-heavy), a Sony CD/DVD player, and a pair of Paradigm ADP 590 v4 surrounds. These are a 5 driver dipole with a 1" G-Pal dome tweeter and 3.5" S-Pal mid range on each end, and a 7" woofer in the middle. I have no use for these, as I sold the Signature 1 front's and center with the Condo in Mexico. So what I was thinking was: Make a small 3 way (with 7" woofer) and a small 2 way, from each of the ADP 590's.

Comments are welcome and appreciated.

Regards,

Myles

Well yeah! Drivers waiting with nothing to do, sounds like a project.
    A mains
    The Ventures
    Open Invit8tions
    RSR
    Sound Troopers
    Acorns
    DGBG's
    The Monuments

Comment

Thanks for the reply 6thplanet. Since I am a noob at this, do I start with obtaining the T/S parameters for the drivers (look for published data or do I have to measure myself, which means buying appropriate measuring hardware), and then use some freeware to design a box, and then try a crossover design.

What computer software will generate the frequency graphs, impedance graphs, etc needed. Is there an all in one software package out there that will provide what I need. I don't mind purchasing good equipment, as I have other speaker projects (kits) waiting.

Thanks for the help,

Myles

Comment

DIY is always best, the Omnimic and DATS combo is a really great deal. It's really straight forward and a lot people have them so we can help with any problems that might come up.
        A mains
        The Ventures
        Open Invit8tions
        RSR
        Sound Troopers
        Acorns
        DGBG's
        The Monuments

Comment

Great, I will look into purchasing this hardware/software to continue on my journey.

Myles

Comment

I'd sell them and build a predesigned speaker. For the price of the measuring tools, you can get something decent. If your life long goal is to design your own then nevermind...
            John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

Working...
            X