Announcement

Collapse

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

Ideas for Paradigm ADP 590 v4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas for Paradigm ADP 590 v4

Just built a new house in the Canada mountains, and got our furniture that had been in storage for 8 years delivered. Found a Yamaha 5 channel amp from Indonesia (1997-heavy), a Sony CD/DVD player, and a pair of Paradigm ADP 590 v4 surrounds. These are a 5 driver dipole with a 1" G-Pal dome tweeter and 3.5" S-Pal mid range on each end, and a 7" woofer in the middle. I have no use for these, as I sold the Signature 1 front's and center with the Condo in Mexico. So what I was thinking was: Make a small 3 way (with 7" woofer) and a small 2 way, from each of the ADP 590's.

Comments are welcome and appreciated.

Regards,

Myles

Well yeah! Drivers waiting with nothing to do, sounds like a project.
    A mains
    The Ventures
    Open Invit8tions
    RSR
    Sound Troopers
    Acorns
    DGBG's
    The Monuments

Comment

Thanks for the reply 6thplanet. Since I am a noob at this, do I start with obtaining the T/S parameters for the drivers (look for published data or do I have to measure myself, which means buying appropriate measuring hardware), and then use some freeware to design a box, and then try a crossover design.

What computer software will generate the frequency graphs, impedance graphs, etc needed. Is there an all in one software package out there that will provide what I need. I don't mind purchasing good equipment, as I have other speaker projects (kits) waiting.

Thanks for the help,

Myles

Comment

DIY is always best, the Omnimic and DATS combo is a really great deal. It's really straight forward and a lot people have them so we can help with any problems that might come up.
        A mains
        The Ventures
        Open Invit8tions
        RSR
        Sound Troopers
        Acorns
        DGBG's
        The Monuments

Comment

Great, I will look into purchasing this hardware/software to continue on my journey.

Myles

Comment

I'd sell them and build a predesigned speaker. For the price of the measuring tools, you can get something decent. If your life long goal is to design your own then nevermind...
            John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

Working...
            X