DATS V3 - Coming soon!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DATS V3 - Coming soon!

The much anticipated DATS V3 will be in stock soon and is available for preorder now! Completely redesigned in every way, DATS V3 will set a new standard for low cost and user friendly computer based audio test systems.

Unfortunately, this means that DATS V2 has been discontinued and we sold the last unit today.

Physically the DATS V3 has a completely updated look and feel. With an extruded aluminum housing, the DATS V3 is much more rugged than previous versions. In addition, the test leads and USB are both removable, so you can just swap them out if any of the cables become damaged. Finally, the calibration resistor is now integrated into the case, just clip the test leads onto the pins on the front of the housing and run the calibration.

Internally the DATS V3 has been built to provide better accuracy and more power than its predecessors. With twice the output power, you can take measurements at a higher level to minimize the chance that a high noise floor or vibration could affect measurement results. Also, many of the internal components now have tighter tolerances to minimize the margin of error caused by component value variances, most importantly the calibration resistor has been upgraded to 0.1% tolerance.

To preorder DATS V3 click here!

Shown with optional mounting brackets for on/under desk installation.

Is there an upgrade path for those who have DATS V2?

Comment

Very nice, I love my DATS....it brings a whole new level of interaction to the hobby. Is the software being updated as well?
      The DATS and Omnimic combo totally changed how I built speakers. Pricey, but well worth it if you plan on being in this hobby for a while.

Comment

I've been wanting to buy the DATS but have been procrastinating. It looks like my procrastination paid dividends this time. The new version looks like a better system; I'll definitely be picking it up now.
        "If we weren't all crazy, we'd just go insane..." -Jimmy Buffett

Comment

Can the DATS V3 software open the older Woofer Tester .tzz and .wt3 files?

Comment

Originally posted by guitar maestro View Post
            Is there a manual online that we can check out?

Comment

Is the software upgraded as well? I assumed it was just the hardware that's been updated.
              "If we weren't all crazy, we'd just go insane..." -Jimmy Buffett

Comment

Originally posted by DaveFred View Post
                Is there an upgrade path for those who have DATS V2?
                Yes! Will there be an upgrade path? Many have upgraded through all models and a price brake would be a nice "Loyalty" gesture.
                Kenny

http://www.diy-ny.com/
                DIY NY/NJ 2014 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGwA...ature=youtu.be
                Man does not live by measurements alone, a little music helps.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                  The much anticipated DATS V3 will be in stock soon and is available for preorder now! Completely redesigned in every way, DATS V3 will set a new standard for low cost and user friendly computer based audio test systems.
                  A little more power and reliability is welcome. Will the software change as well? Do we know anything about the development? I certainly would welcome an upgrade from the DATS but want to know that it will launch in good state. The current model's finnicky and the DSP didn't exactly launch in a good state, so anything you can clarify around reliability, testing, etc, would be welcome.

Comment

Yes it can!
                    John
                    John L. Murphy
                    Physicist/Audio Engineer
                    www.trueaudio.com

Comment

Thank you, I will definitely order one.

Comment

Working...
                      X