Announcement

Collapse

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

graph tracing software

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• graph tracing software

is there a program around that works still? I can't find splcopy and can't get FPGraphTracer to work on windows 10, even in compatibility mode

This site works pretty well, it's not specific for speaker/frd use but it will generate the data just the same.

https://apps.automeris.io/wpd/
    "I just use off the shelf textbook filters designed for a resistor of 8 ohms with
    exactly a Fc 3K for both drivers, anybody can do it." -Xmax

Comment

Try VituixCad or WebPlotDigitizer. WebPlotDigitizer can also be launched as web application in your favorite browser

Comment

I just enter the data by hand with any text editor to create my own FRD files, even Notepad could work. I estimate the amplitude of the graphs at different frequencies and manually rename and edit an existing file. To save time, I usually focus mostly on the vertices of the graph data.

Comment

Thank you!

WebPlotDigitizer worked quite painlessly

Comment

FPGraphTracer.exe (in the .zip file - the one from 2016) runs PERFECTly on Win10 all the time ! w/OUT any compatibility loaded.

How isn't it working for you?

Comment

Just noting that a new version of Quintessa's free Graph Grabber tool, for digitising of plots, is now available. Since posting my earlier note on Graph Grabber we have had a number of downloads citing this Research Gate thread, so thought people might be interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Roemer View Post
                FPGraphTracer.exe (in the .zip file - the one from 2016) runs PERFECTly on Win10 all the time ! w/OUT any compatibility loaded.

How isn't it working for you?

Yes, it does work perfectly. Sorry for the confusion - it was my antivirus.
                Did not like this file and was preventing it from running. But nothing wrong with the file - from a virus standpoint.

Comment

Working...
                X