Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to switch Amp source for a single set of speakers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billfitzmaurice View Post
    A completely subjective review is as useful as mammary glands on a male bovine, unless of course it's done in a double blind along with other amps.
    I’m not getting that amp. I’ve just been wanting an AB amp and it’s just that his review happened to spur on that desire. I actually found a working Carver HR-742 locally on Craigslist for $85 that I’m picking up today. He has it hooked up to speakers, CD and turntable for auditioning.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
      Just use the pre-out for zone-2.
      Wolf
      I need to run Zone 2 speakers off the B speaker outs on the Carver. In the setup on the Onkyo you have to choose whether Zone B will be run via the Onkyo via the speaker outs or external amp. So I have the functionality of the Onkyo and TV with a nice amp running me L/R speakers now, plus my downstairs Zone 2. Only thing O can’t do is separately control volume downstairs but I can put a rheostat in to manually do that. I’m a pretty happy camper now! Thanks Wolf and everyone else. Allman Bros “Whipping Post” from Live at Fillmore East sounds killer on a Sunday afternoon!

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
        Just use the pre-out for zone-2.
        Wolf
        Crap, crap, crap, crap, crap! I forgot that freaking Onkyo will only run Zone 2 from non-HDMI sources!!! This won’t work for TV at all. Will have to do the switch box route. Only way to run stream thru it will be via BT I guess. Unless I perhaps dedicate a laptop for Spotify and connect directly to the Carver receiver. Not like that idea at all.

Comment

I don't think PE sells these.
          Amazon.com: Baomain 4 Pole Double Throw Electric Brake Safety Knife Switch 380V 100A: Home Improvement

Comment

Originally posted by mhester View Post

That's what I was thinking about. Didn't know if a pre-made switch like this already existed. Looks easy enough. Do you happen to have a part number for the switch/board?
            mhester, I can't remember what the part number is and i couldn't find it in a quick search. it is a simple speaker A/B selector switch, but I don't know what eh PE name for it to be able to look it up...
            you might try calling PE support to see if they could figure that it is.

Sorry. Andy.

Comment

Working...
            X