DIY Speaker Event in Grand Rapids, MI - Sept. 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pete Schumacher View Post
    I've encouraged Ed to finish up these beauties. He says they're ready for paint this week I believe. Acoustic Elegance TD8S paired with Transducer Labs Magnesium or Ceramic domes in an 8" diameter, 1.5" deep waveguide. I think Ed says they weigh in at 125lbs each, not including stands. I know he'd love to get your feedback.
    That would be great to see Ed and hear these beauties! Any chance you can make it out Pete? It would be nice to catch up with you.

Dan

The Hurricanes
    The Baronettes
    Conneccentric
    UX3

Comment

There's no telling Dan. Getting ready to kick off a big project in Georgia for work, and Ryan and I were planning a Long Island road trip in September to deliver a pair of speakers to a friend. Schedule is up in the air, but if there's a chance, I'll do my best to get there.
      R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
      Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
      "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Just booked a room so I will be there.

Steve

Comment

I'm hoping to attend, but work kept me from InDIYana and MWAF, so it's too early to know for sure. I'm also hoping to bring my ES180 and RS28f in the SEOS waveguide design for my nephew if I can (finally) wrap those up.

Comment

If at all possible, I or we will be there. Minus any speakers though, it's been a summer....

Comment

Putting this on the Calendar... 50/50 at the moment though due to work and family stuff. But would really like to go to another event other than MWAF.

Comment

Originally posted by GTPlus View Post
                Putting this on the Calendar... 50/50 at the moment though due to work and family stuff. But would really like to go to another event other than MWAF.
                You will enjoy this event
                craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

Originally posted by craigk View Post

You will enjoy this event
                  As long as you're there Craig, it's sure to be a good time!

Looks like we're gonna have a good turnout gentlemen!

Dan
                  The Hurricanes
                  The Baronettes
                  Conneccentric
                  UX3

Comment

My wife and I are in. I'll bring my Sherlocks speakers with a tweak to the crossover from MWAF.

Comment

Will there be a sale table there? I have a pair of speakers I’d like to bring to see if anyone has interest.

Comment

Originally posted by s7horton View Post
                        Will there be a sale table there? I have a pair of speakers I’d like to bring to see if anyone has interest.
                        Saturday at the hotel I'm sure a sale table will develop.

Dan
                        The Hurricanes
                        The Baronettes
                        Conneccentric
                        UX3

Comment

I plan to attend. Am I correct that no formal registration is required? Meniscus doesn't want any head count in advance?

I am working on a minimalist no-baffle three-way. Still not conventional, but a serious machine for listening, unlike some of my recent productions.

-Meredith

Comment

Originally posted by mcargill View Post
                            I plan to attend. Am I correct that no formal registration is required? Meniscus doesn't want any head count in advance?

I am working on a minimalist no-baffle three-way. Still not conventional, but a serious machine for listening, unlike some of my recent productions.

-Meredith
                            Meniscus just sent out a quick sign-up confirmation for the event. You might get it soon, or check their event page here:
                            https://meniscusaudio.com/event/

Wow, what a coincidence. I am also bringing a nude (no baffle) dipole loudspeaker test project. Cool. Looking forward to comparing notes.
                            Charlie's Audio Pages: http://audio.claub.net

Comment

Looking for a pair of buyout tang band woofers. If any one has any that they are willing to part with let me know.
                              https://www.parts-express.com/tang-b...-ohms--299-135

Comment

Working...
                              X