No announcement yet.

DIY Speaker Event in Grand Rapids, MI - Sept. 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What time will people begin to congregate on Friday? I can arrive at almost any time from noon on, but I don't want to twiddle my thumbs alone.

Comment

I should be arriving around 3.
      Craig

Comment

I am hoping to arrive between 3 and 5pm.
        Charlie's Audio Pages: http://audio.claub.net

Comment

I'll be later than I intend to be. ;)
          Electronics engineer, woofer enthusiast, and musician.
          Wogg Music
          Published projects: PPA100 Bass Guitar Amp, ISO El-Cheapo Sub, Indy 8 2.1 powered sub, MicroSat, SuperNova Minimus

Comment

We should be there between 4 and 5
            https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

Great event guys! Kerry, Dan, and Mark did a awesome job. There were some really nice speakers there and it was fun to meet some new people and hang out with old friends. See you guys in about 4 weeks in Iowa.
              Craig

Comment

Wow, that was really a fantastic event. The quality and quantity of speakers was impressive and I really enjoyed finally meeting many of the people who, to this point, I have only known via their screen names. It was a pleasure to be around so many people who are knowledgeable about speaker and crossover design and I enjoyed many good conversations. The mood was always light - Kerry and Dan, inviting that comedian Andrew and having him do impromptu riffs on audio and loudspeakers (both days) was a genius move!!!

On a more serious note, I hardly took any pictures I was too busy alternating between listening and talking. I noticed there was a guy with a good camera and flash who took lots of pictures on both days - can someone put me in touch with him? I would really like to get a shot of my speakers, for the brief time they were set up at the hotel.
                Charlie's Audio Pages: http://audio.claub.net

Comment

That was Bill 4thtry with the camera, the unofficial photographer for any event he attends.

That was a good time, everything sounded great and I always like meeting a lot of you in person.
                  Electronics engineer, woofer enthusiast, and musician.
                  Wogg Music
                  Published projects: PPA100 Bass Guitar Amp, ISO El-Cheapo Sub, Indy 8 2.1 powered sub, MicroSat, SuperNova Minimus

Comment

I had a blast as well. Honestly, I'd heard a lot of the speakers before, so I was in the hallway chatting more this time and talking shop. Thanks to Dan, Kerry, and Mark!
                    Honorable mentions:
                    Ed Rosenquist is still the best cabinet maker I've come across. That Corian/laminated-formica cabinet was just beautiful.
                    Todd England drove out from Idaho- A 24 hour drive time. I hope you had a great time, Todd! It as great meeting you!
                    David- I meant what I said- the Sherlocks are just splendid sounding and I would not change a thing. You mentioned using a higher DCR on the midbass to reduce some warmth. The opposite would be reduce tweeter padding and go back to the other coil you had. This will increase net sensitivity a smidge. As they sit, I wouldn't bother.
                    bullittstang- those biamped TLabs/Satori speakers were pretty sweet.
                    CraigS- Your speakers are now the Zangers, whether a joke or not!
                    Matt Vach- Your 'popped-port' will be the next big thing ya know....

And lastly, since the demo I brought was thought highly of:
                    Lauren Daigle- "Rescue" from Look Up Child
                    Miles Davis- "TUTU" from the album of the same name
                    SEAL- "It's a Man's Man's World" from Soul
                    Peter, Paul, and Mary- "All Mixed Up" from (I'll add this later...)
                    Dream Theater- "Barstool Warrior" from Distance Over Time

Later,
                    Wolf
                    "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                    "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                    "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                    "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                    http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

The PPM album is Songs of Conscience and Concern. I wanted a copy of "All My Trials", and I acquired this one not long ago that also had some other gems on it. They're a lot of protest songs mainly, but some are worth the cost of admission.

Later,
                      Wolf
                      "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                      "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                      "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                      "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                      http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Ben,

Y​​​​​our demo track was great! Thanks for allowing me to use it. And all joking aside I liked your Zingers.
                        Craig

Comment

I gotta say guys, this get together was my first "show" ever, way back in the day, with my first set of "mini-byzies" ( soon to be my Auroras)...And the Meniscus guys remembered me? Wow! It was a laid back but oh so informative group. I was frazzled and late, but it was worth every minute. Thanks to everyone for the questions and encouragement, and to the quality of speakers to listen to. All you guys can be proud of what this group is doing. Mentoring from the forefathers like Jeff Bagby has really come to fruition.
                          The Past is history. The Future is a mystery. Today is a gift; that's why its called the Present. (Grand Master Oogway, Kung Fu Panda)

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
                            Matt Vach- Your 'popped-port' will be the next big thing ya know....
                            LOL, thanks Ben! Now I just have to get a marketing campaign in place for when I have enough sound 'bottled'.
                            Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with Windows.

We are passionate about great sound at whatever level we can afford, so don't let the audio atheists reduce the experience to a set of numbers and squiggly lines. - jbruner

Comment

Thanks to Dan, Kerry, and Mark for hosting a great event; like Ed said it's worth every minute.
                              Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with Windows.

We are passionate about great sound at whatever level we can afford, so don't let the audio atheists reduce the experience to a set of numbers and squiggly lines. - jbruner

Comment

Anyone post any pics? Any in depth reviews of the cabs there? And what was to happen with those raffle tickets?
                                The Past is history. The Future is a mystery. Today is a gift; that's why its called the Present. (Grand Master Oogway, Kung Fu Panda)

Comment

Working...
                                X