OT: Sonic Perfection!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jtheisen521 View Post
    Even with the dedicated gold power plant and fancy cables and receptacles you still have evil EM interference. Fear not, these guys have you covered. No idea what it costs, didn't have to the patience to read through all the babble trying to set the hook, but I'm sure it's a shocker.
    https://www.lessloss.com/blackbody-p-200.html
    Thank you for that link. A great collection of astonishing and cleverly designed products sure to enhance audio quality. And all at very reasonable prices.

A power cord starting at only $1148. A Laminar Streamer bargain priced at $91,181! How can you beat that?

I will immediately sign up for their newsletter.
    Don't worry, if your parachute fails, you have the rest of your life to fix it.

If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally ASTOUND ourselves - Thomas A. Edison

Some people collect stamps, Imelda Marcos collected shoes. I collect speakers.:D

Comment

I'm shocked no one has dropped in here to point out how narrow-minded we are, and ask whether we've listened to all this bizarre trash before we criticized it.
      Francis

Comment

Originally posted by jtheisen521 View Post
        And don't forget you'll need covers for those audiophile receptacles.
        https://www.thecableco.com/outlet-cover-105-ncf.html
        Wow, I missed that.

I thought that the Wattgate would be able to dampen itself and destroy vibrations within a 500 meter radius, but you cannot be careful enough with the nasty surrounding vibrations affecting our power receptacles and therefore the sound. Redundancy never hurts!
        Don't worry, if your parachute fails, you have the rest of your life to fix it.

If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally ASTOUND ourselves - Thomas A. Edison

Some people collect stamps, Imelda Marcos collected shoes. I collect speakers.:D

Comment

I guess no one questions the ethics of Parts Express for carrying and distributing such snake oil , oh well carry on. LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by Unbiasedsound View Post
            I guess no one questions the ethics of Parts Express for carrying and distributing such snake oil , oh well carry on. LMAO
            SMDH...nothing like those ethically deprived companies who stock and sell products that customers willingly purchase.
            PE should cut its inventory in half so that its employees can spend more time helping old widows cross the road and save kittens from being stuck in trees. LMAO.

Comment

Those Wattgate outlets show up in posts every few years--do a search and you'll find posts going back to 2006, which is close to when this version of the forum started. Back then the price was $147 and now it's $148. Kudos to PE for keeping the price of snake oil pretty much constant through all these years!
              Free Passive Speaker Designer Lite (PSD-Lite) -- http://www.audiodevelopers.com/Softw...Lite/setup.exe

Comment

Originally posted by a4eaudio View Post

SMDH...nothing like those ethically deprived companies who stock and sell products that customers willingly purchase.
                PE should cut its inventory in half so that its employees can spend more time helping old widows cross the road and save kittens from being stuck in trees. LMAO.
                Snake oil, either you are part of the problem or part of the solution. Companies with ethics are the solution. Helping widows and kittens in charity events can promote the company and bring in a lot of money to help boost there eithics. LMAO

Comment

Even though I do realize that it's just a novelty... still I'm having a hard time believing that a knife like that actually exists.

Of course, as handy as it is, it's kind of useless if it can't retrank floating lug grout, preneumanize subdivots, or synchrofuse synthetic toggle bearings. After thinking about it further, I suppose you could try and anomorglize deck shims with it if you used the chisel-point reamer at just the right angle... hard to say.

Third to the last feature is 'toothpick.' I can see Mr. Bean trying to get a piece of corn out of his tooth with that in my head and it's hilarious!

And while we're talking about Mr. Bean: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwzjlmBLfrQ

TomZ
                  *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
                  *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF *Cello's Speaker Project Page

*Building the "Micro-B 2.1 Plate Amplifier -- Part 1 * Part 2 * Part 3 * Part 4 * * Part 5 'Review' * -- Assembly Instructions PDF

Comment

Originally posted by Unbiasedsound View Post
                    Ahh don’t be hard on PE. They are providing products for people who want them. If someone wants to buy a diamond encrusted gold plated outlet they are going to buy one. If PE don’t sell it they will just buy it somewhere else. I doubt PE sales staff is on the phone telling people how their system could benefit from this outlet and trying to push it on people. It’s there if they want it.

At least this overpriced outlet still functions as an outlet. If PE started selling those wooden pitchfork sonic purifier things I’d start questioning ethics a bit.

Comment

McMaster wants about half the price of that outlet for a real hospital-grade surge suppressing outlet. I can guess which one I'd rather have.
                      Francis

Comment

Using the same outlet for all your audio equipment helps minimize electron confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by djg View Post
                          Using the same outlet for all your audio equipment helps minimize electron confusion.
                          Maybe, but you'll want a self-extinguishing outlet for that use.
                          Francis

Comment

Originally posted by fpitas View Post
                            I'm shocked no one has dropped in here to point out how narrow-minded we are, and ask whether we've listened to all this bizarre trash before we criticized it.
                            Yet.

Comment

Originally posted by dynamo View Post

Ahh don’t be hard on PE. They are providing products for people who want them. If someone wants to buy a diamond encrusted gold plated outlet they are going to buy one. If PE don’t sell it they will just buy it somewhere else. I doubt PE sales staff is on the phone telling people how their system could benefit from this outlet and trying to push it on people. It’s there if they want it.

At least this overpriced outlet still functions as an outlet. If PE started selling those wooden pitchfork sonic purifier things I’d start questioning ethics a bit.
                              Others are claiming snake oil yet no one is questioning the distributor of that snake oil. They are according to some providing SNAKE OIL products to people who want them. People will buy anything if they want it that badly. Reputable companies shouldn't sell snake oil unless like I said they don't have any ethics. I have never known P.E. sales staff to push any product over the phone. Key word over priced. If this over priced outlet does nothing compared to the regular outlet then its snake oil at its finest.

I am waiting on a P.E. staff member for there reason on carrying this product. Then yawl can argue with the P.E. staff member. LMAO

Comment

You have to remember who buys this stuff though. A guy who can and does spend $25k on a pair of speakers and $25k on supporting equipment can buy this outlet just like you or I can buy a bottle of pop at the gas station. It’s a drop in the bucket. I’m sure he is like oh cool an audiophile outlet to go with my system, neat! It don’t matter to him if it does anything or not. It costed him pennies compared to his pocketbook and makes him feel better. I’m not saying it is worth it or a smart investment, I’m just saying that those who buy it can afford it and if it makes them happy then all the power to them. The same argument could be had of why spend $100 on a fancy mid when the $13 Tc9 probably sounds as good or better. Why do some women spend $400 on designer purses when a $10 one from target works fine. It is a status thing and a cute unnecessary accessory for those who can afford it and makes the owner of it happy. If I dropped $50k on my listening system, I’d probably buy this outlet just because I could, knowing full well it is a complete rip off snake oil device that provides no benefit over a menards outlet..
                                Last edited by dynamo; 07-28-2019, 04:00 PM. Reason: Fixed a couple words to more accurately convey my point

Comment

Working...
                                X