OT: Sonic Perfection!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dynamo View Post
    ...A guy who can and does spend $25k on a pair of speakers and $25k on supporting equipment can buy this outlet just like you or I can buy a bottle of pop at the gas station. .. Why do some women spend $400 on designer purses when a $10 one from target works fine...
    +1
    ​​​​​​

Comment

OMG! What have I started with my original "Tongue in Cheek" post?

Lighten up! To imply that PE is unethical to offer this receptacle for those who have the money and want to spend it on something like this is ridiculous.
      Don't worry, if your parachute fails, you have the rest of your life to fix it.

If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally ASTOUND ourselves - Thomas A. Edison

Some people collect stamps, Imelda Marcos collected shoes. I collect speakers.:D

Comment

Originally posted by Unbiasedsound View Post
        I guess no one questions the ethics of Parts Express for carrying and distributing such snake oil , oh well carry on. LMAO
        Who are you to question PE's ethics? Are you the morality judge here now?
        Don't worry, if your parachute fails, you have the rest of your life to fix it.

If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally ASTOUND ourselves - Thomas A. Edison

Some people collect stamps, Imelda Marcos collected shoes. I collect speakers.:D

Comment

Originally posted by fpitas View Post
          I'm shocked no one has dropped in here to point out how narrow-minded we are, and ask whether we've listened to all this bizarre trash before we criticized it.
          I listened to my $1.89 Menard's outlet for a bit before installing it. It was dead quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by djg View Post

I listened to my $1.89 Menard's outlet for a bit before installing it. It was dead quiet.
            I sort of wonder what a magic snake oil outlet is supposed to sound like. But I've become wise enough not to ask anyone who might have an opinion.
            Francis

Comment

My normal outlet produced an audible squeak until I added the snake oil..

Comment

My normal outlet produced an audible squeak until I added the snake oil..
                The snake oil must lube the electrons.
                Francis

Comment

Originally posted by fpitas View Post

The snake oil must lube the electrons.
                  That was what I was thinking. The oil also helps cool it and lowers the Q of the AC ripples..

Comment

That was what I was thinking. The oil also helps cool it and lowers the Q of the AC ripples..
                    I knew there was a scientific reason it's better!
                    Francis

Comment

You have to remember who buys this stuff though. A guy who can and does spend $25k on a pair of speakers and $25k on supporting equipment can buy this outlet just like you or I can buy a bottle of pop at the gas station. It’s a drop in the bucket. I’m sure he is like oh cool an audiophile outlet to go with my system, neat! It don’t matter to him if it does anything or not. It costed him pennies compared to his pocketbook and makes him feel better. I’m not saying it is worth it or a smart investment, I’m just saying that those who buy it can afford it and if it makes them happy then all the power to them. The same argument could be had of why spend $100 on a fancy mid when the $13 Tc9 probably sounds as good or better. Why do some women spend $400 on designer purses when a $10 one from target works fine. It is a status thing and a cute unnecessary accessory for those who can afford it and makes the owner of it happy. If I dropped $50k on my listening system, I’d probably buy this outlet just because I could, knowing full well it is a complete rip off snake oil device that provides no benefit over a menards outlet..
                      Excuses , excuses , excuses. Ethics don't discriminate between the rich and the poor. Snake oil is snake oil regardless if one can afford it or not. I have the goose that lays the Golden eggs for 10 million dollars, who wants to buy it? SMDH LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by thekorvers View Post

who are you to question pe's ethics? Are you the morality judge here now?
                        wtf? Everyone on here are some of the most judgmental 2 face people on the planet. Ironic coming from a post that's judging to begin with. Smdh lmao

Comment

Originally posted by djg View Post

Coming from a senior citizen who probably cant hear past 4khz everything is dead quiet. LMAOROTF

Comment

These audiophile outrage threads...

Comment

This is why we can’t have nice things

Comment

This is why we can’t have nice things
                                Ah so that is your excuse for not buying it. LMAO

Comment

Working...
                                X