How to log into this forum with a 100 percent success rate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to log into this forum with a 100 percent success rate

I get the idea that many forum members are very frustrated with repeated login attempts that are unsuccessful. I feel you pain, but I have a solution.

Although I posted this as a reply in another thread, I am also creating this thread where the info will be more visible.

Based on my experiences here is how to sign in successfully:
    • Put the cursor in the username field and enter your username
    • Press the TAB key once on the keyboard - the cursor will move to the password field.
    • Enter your password
    • On the keyboard enter the following sequence: TAB key , SPACE key, TAB key , SPACE key

You are now logged in.

Try it!
    Charlie's Audio Pages: http://audio.claub.net

I have to make sure I check "Remember Me" for my login to work. My bigger concern though, is the fact that the connection is not secure. I submitted a suggestion/comment about it, but didn't get a response. I'm not storing/posting anything sensitive here but that doesn't mean I want to allow a 3rd party to monitor my traffic.
    "If we weren't all crazy, we'd just go insane..." -Jimmy Buffett

Comment

I hit "Remember Me" as well, and no issues. I'm proud of myself with such success.

Comment

Checking "remember me" is a necessity if you write a long post. It seems that while posting, the S/W doesn't recognize the keystrokes and logs the user out after the idle time.

Comment

I've never had a problem logging in. For that matter I can't remember the last time I had to manually enter my username or password.
          www.billfitzmaurice.com
          www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

Originally posted by billfitzmaurice View Post
            I've never had a problem logging in. For that matter I can't remember the last time I had to manually enter my username or password.
            Same here.

Comment

For all of you posting that you have never had a problem logging on: this thread is not intended for you. Your yoda-like powers have served you well - no need to post about your constant successes. Bill seems to be able to just will himself a login! The force seems strong in this one.

This thread was inspired by posts from people who write something like "Oh the forum software sucks because I had to log in four times today before it worked" They always seem very upset about it, you know? I knew of a solution so I thought I would share it and maybe take away a tiny bit of stress for them...

To be honest, I was one of those frustrated people for a long time. I would enter my username and password and click the LOGON button and the page would refresh but I would NOT be logged in. It can be really annoying when you want to post something. I finally discovered that enabling "remember me" resulted in a success rate of 100%, but it was tedious to move the mouse and click the box and then move the mouse again to click the button while some annoying notification popped up over the area (I think it's a warning from my virus protection software because the login is not secure). I found that I could do everything right from the keyboard and my hands were already there after typing my username and password. Easy peasey,

Folks, I'm just trying to help out my fellow forum members here...
              Charlie's Audio Pages: http://audio.claub.net

Comment

Working...
              X