SB17NRX2C35-8 in reflex

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SB17NRX2C35-8 in reflex

i want load this driver in reflex loading, which liters and duct do you suggest ?

18 Liters net with a 2" diameter port that is 7" long.
    Craig

Comment

do you used it ?
      What sim software do you used ?
      my simulation software gives me 28 liters for QB3

Comment

Audio4me , there's a few free options to use when simulating driver performance in an enclosure. WinISD is a good one, as well as Unibox, and some of Jeff Bagby's response modeler software. Still others have had success using a package called VituixCAD, but that one is a bit advanced for looking at potential box designs. I would also recommend taking a look at these software packages to get a more custom approach than aiming for a straight 3rd order Quasi-Butterworth alignment. Those alignments were created to give design guidelines to our speaker designing predecessors who did not have the luxury of free and well designed software packages to help them. Using the software packages will give you a better idea of the performance you can expect.

Best of luck!
        Voxel Down Firing with Dayton SA70
        Translam Subwoofers - The Jedi Mind Tricks
        The Super Bees - Garage 2 way
        SevenSixTwo - InDIYana 2018 Coax
        The Defiants - InDIYana 2019 "Bare Minimum" Build

Comment

If you're not very technical, try downloading AJ Vented, here:

https://www.ajdesigner.com/speaker/ajvented.php
          Francis

Comment

Originally posted by Audio4me View Post
            do you used it ?
            What sim software do you used ?
            my simulation software gives me 28 liters for QB3
            I don't use it. You listed absolutely zero criteria, so I gave you my opinion of what I would build for that particular driver. I use Unibox for bass simulation. Why QB3?
            Craig

Comment

Originally posted by PWR RYD View Post
              18 Liters net with a 2" diameter port that is 7" long.
              That's exactly the figure I came up with.

Comment

Originally posted by PWR RYD View Post
                Why QB3?
                Good point. Alignments were useful in the days of slide rules or scientific calculators, but when modeling software allows you a literally infinite number of 'alignments' to choose from with just a few mouse clicks there's no reason to choose QB3 or any other predetermined formula. WinISD defaults to maximally flat, or at least the traditional alignment that comes closest to it, but once you have that suggested box size and tuning you don't have to stick with it, you use it as a starting point and then tweak the volume and tuning until you get what works best for your application.

www.billfitzmaurice.com
                www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

Originally posted by fatmarley View Post

That's exactly the figure I came up with.
                  I modeled it at 20 watts input with a series resistance of 0.3 Ohms (pretty reasonable DCR I think for an appropriate sized series inductor for an 8 ohm driver with a crossover point in the 2 kHz - 2.5 kHz area). Some folks might go for a much larger box for a lower F3. But the lowest possible F3 isn't always the best design decision. Other parameters take a hit.
                  Craig

Comment

Working...
                  X