X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simon Moon
    started a topic Jeff Bagby's "Auricle" Satori/RAAL stand mount

Jeff Bagby's "Auricle" Satori/RAAL stand mount

So, it looks like there was once a kit for the smaller brother to Mr. Bagby's "Testarossa" speakers.

Are the enclosure and crossover plans and diagrams still available? I've googled them, and only can come up with some finished speaker images.

Wouldn't these sound better sitting on Jeff's "Kairos" woofer module, than the Testarossa alone?

Seems to me, the midrange would sound better, if the 6" Satori is not being used to reproduce low bass, as it would be with the high pass filter as used with the Kairos woofer module.

• rickcraig
    replied
    I have a 2-way design with the RAAL and the Scan-Speak paper cone version of the 7" Illuminator. It performs really well.

Leave a comment:

• Simon Moon
    replied
    I just talked to Mark at Meniscus, and he said Auricle will be available again as soon as RAAL has tweeters to ship.

Leave a comment:

• Simon Moon
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff B. View Post
    Yes, the Auricle kit is available again. There for a while we were having trouble getting 70-20's so none of those three speakers I did using that tweeter were available, but RAAL has approved Meniscus and me, as a designer, as OEM sources for the driver. If you do not hear back from Meniscus on the email call them, or I can connect you. And yes, the Kairos woofer module will work just fine with the Auricle since the midwoofer is the same drivers as the Kairos.

Thanks for the response Jeff!

While I know how good the Kairos / Adelphos are (I heard a pair of Kairos just about a month ago), I am a bit of a detail fanatic as of late, so the idea of using a RAAL is pretty tempting.

Maybe you can give me your opinions on a 3 way with the Auricles and a Kairos woofer module will sound, compared to the 2 way Testarossa?

I already cleared a work space in my garage, gathered all needed tools, now all I need is a project!

Leave a comment:

• Jeff B.
    replied
    Yes, the Auricle kit is available again. There for a while we were having trouble getting 70-20's so none of those three speakers I did using that tweeter were available, but RAAL has approved Meniscus and me, as a designer, as OEM sources for the driver. If you do not hear back from Meniscus on the email call them, or I can connect you. And yes, the Kairos woofer module will work just fine with the Auricle since the midwoofer is the same drivers as the Kairos.

Leave a comment:

• Simon Moon
    replied
    Originally posted by ernperkins View Post
    AFAIK the crossover details aren't public. Your best bet is to contact Meniscus and see if they will still sell you an Auricle kit. All of the enclosure and crossover data would come with the kit. If you really want that RAAL 70-20 you may have to step up to the Testarossas.
    I am sure you are correct about the tech info not being public.

I already sent Meniscus an email earlier today.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• ernperkins
    replied
    AFAIK the crossover details aren't public. Your best bet is to contact Meniscus and see if they will still sell you an Auricle kit. All of the enclosure and crossover data would come with the kit. If you really want that RAAL 70-20 you may have to step up to the Testarossas.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X