New Build Advice...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Navy Guy View Post
    Have you simmed your baffle info? It doesn't look like it. I wouldn't use a 4th order network on the woofer either.
    He's showing -6dB at 1k on the filter transfer. That's for the baffle step compensation.

Comment

Here's what I've come up with using a similar woofer file, and altering the zma. Try the filter and see how it looks.

It's a second order filter with a cap bypassing the coil. The other three parts are a notch for near the 1k range.

Click image for larger version  Name:	ne180 estimate.jpg Views:	1 Size:	373.5 KB ID:	1418740

Comment

Here's a baffle sim to show what my filter attempts to compensate for partially.

Click image for larger version

Name:	baffle effect.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	290.8 KB
ID:	1418742

Comment

The tweeter seems to have that hump out of the box:

Name:	Tweeter Raw.png
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	1418744

Comment

Here are the on axis F/Z files:

RS28A-4_hor_deg+0.frd RS28A-4.zma NE180W-04 ZMA.zma NE180W-4 FRD on axis.frd

Comment

I'll try your filter tonight. I appreciate your help, I'm on the west coast so you're probably in bed. I'm trying to absorb some of this info, but it is a bit confusing. Thanks again

Comment

Name:	woofer new filter.png
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	1418758
                here is the woofer with the filter you recommended. still a spike at 1090 hz but that seems to be in the raw fr as well

Comment

Try this.

Name:	ne180 filter.jpg
Size:	405.2 KB
ID:	1418762

Comment

And this.

Name:	rs28a.jpg
Size:	416.5 KB
ID:	1418765

Comment

More.

Name:	ne180 rs28 filter rersponse.jpg
Size:	556.9 KB
ID:	1418767

Comment

Originally posted by adam215 View Post
                        The tweeter seems to have that hump out of the box:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Tweeter Raw.png Views:	1 Size:	20.5 KB ID:	1418744
                        Where did you get the tweeter frd from? Mine was much smoother. Edit.. Found another frd that was identical, so I guess it's accurate.
                        Last edited by rpb; 08-07-2019, 07:14 AM.

Comment

We should modify the woofer frd to make it accurate for an on baffle response. Not sure how to do it, but should be easy, if someone can point us to the software that does that.

Comment

I got the tweeter frd from the rs28a-4 product page on pe

Comment

Use the Response Blender to add the baffle response to the woofer and tweeter files. The Blender can also add in the box. Add the tails in the blender and extract minimum phase. Use geometry to estimate the driver offset(s). The SPL match between the drivers is a crapshoot...
                              John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

Btw I thought these were suppose to be against the wall?
                                John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

Working...
                                X