PR placement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PR placement

I am using two RSS210HO with four DSA215-PR. I will be crossing over in the 300-500 hz range. Will it be best to mount the PR's on the sides or back of the cabinet? As a side note, do I have to worry about standing waves in a box like this? In other words, should I make non-parallel walls?

If this is to be used as a subwoofer I wouldn’t cross it that high. Actually I would not cross a sub above 80hz. If it’s a woofer then you’re fine.

It really doesn’t matter where you put your passives as long as it is not on the top or bottom (weight will make them sag). I’d put them on each side opposing each other if it was me and I had an even amount. This helps cancel force and can help keep cabinets from walking around.

Comment

To that I'll add that crossing over between 300 and 800Hz is challenging, as that's where we're most sensitive to phase and time align issues. With the response on and off axis of the 210HO I see no reason to cross it over within that range, nor below 1.2kHz for that matter.
      www.billfitzmaurice.com
      www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

I am crossing over to a 4-5" midrange. I will have two rss210s on each channel with four of the PR's. The system will be tri-amped, so I am using an electronic crossover. Thanks for the input!

Comment

I don't see many 4-5" midranges keeping up with a pair of RSS210s, especially if crossed over that low.
          www.billfitzmaurice.com
          www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

Originally posted by billfitzmaurice View Post
            I don't see many 4-5" midranges keeping up with a pair of RSS210s, especially if crossed over that low.
            If I remember correctly off the top of my head B&C and FaitalPro both have 5" neo mids that will keep up. Even a 5FE120 will, but might be a little light on the power handling at high volume levels

Comment

Originally posted by billfitzmaurice View Post
              This system will be tri-amped, so matching volume won't be a problem. If need be, I can use two mids. Right now I have a Shiva 12" and Peerless 5's , the Peerless drivers keep up just fine.
              I guess I should have said full range or mid woofer instead of midrange.

Comment

Working...
              X