Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drummer
    replied
    I lined it with adhesive backed 1/8" foam insulation, and then stuffed it with 12 ounces of fluffed up poly fill. That did everything that I had hoped for. No more rattle schmattle kaboom of doom! Much cleaner, and better punch. Thanks everyone for the ideas, and 6thplanet, thanks again for the offer.🤘 Glenn.

Leave a comment:

• Drummer
    replied
    Originally posted by Dwight View Post
    "producing audible noise" Is it vibrating the fairing or parts of it? wiring rattling, fasteners? What type of noise?
    It's vibrating the fairing when the bass and kick drum hit hard. I have no damping in it, and with a 400 watt amp, I can get a good amount of output. All of the hardware is rock solid and quiet. It's definitely a box damping issue, and I've fixed it on another fairing in the past with stick on damping material, I am just curious to try different methods. Apparantly, I like to rock!🤘🔊🤘Glenn.

Leave a comment:

• Drummer
    replied
    Originally posted by 6thplanet View Post
    From a bassist to a drummer, the cheapest way is to come by and I'll give ya some.
    That is a very kind and generous offer, 6thplanet! I would love to hear some of the speakers that you have designed and built. Glenn.

Leave a comment:

• Dwight
    replied
    "producing audible noise" Is it vibrating the fairing or parts of it? wiring rattling, fasteners? What type of noise?

Leave a comment:

• 6thplanet
    replied
    From a bassist to a drummer, the cheapest way is to come by and I'll give ya some.

Leave a comment:

• craigk
    replied
    Originally posted by Drummer View Post

Craig, do you think that the density of the curved foam would act to lessen the internal volume of the enclosure? I think that I am going to give this a try. Glenn.
    I think it will do just what you are looking for.

Leave a comment:

• Drummer
    replied
    Originally posted by 6thplanet View Post
    Why not just Dynamat the fairing?
    That would be too sensible and easy! And I forgot to mention, that I am always looking for the cheapest way that actually works. Lol. Glenn.

Leave a comment:

• 6thplanet
    replied
    Why not just Dynamat the fairing?

Leave a comment:

• Drummer
    replied
    Originally posted by devnull View Post
    You might try some of the stick on auto sound deadening mats or pull the fairing off and spray the inside of it with some rubberized undercoating.
    I may go this route if the foam doesn't give me the desired outcome. Thanks. Glenn.

Leave a comment:

• Drummer
    replied
    Originally posted by craigk View Post

I think it would do that as well.
    Craig, do you think that the density of the curved foam would act to lessen the internal volume of the enclosure? I think that I am going to give this a try. Glenn.

Leave a comment:

• devnull
    replied
    You might try some of the stick on auto sound deadening mats or pull the fairing off and spray the inside of it with some rubberized undercoating.

Leave a comment:

• craigk
    replied
    Originally posted by Drummer View Post

That would work very well to seal the inner and outer fairing, I would assume. I'm actually more concerned with damping the enclosure, so that I won't get the box boom effect from harder hitting bass, and thinking that it would tighten the bass, and clean up the mids as well by lessening back wave reflection through the speaker cone. Glenn.
    I think it would do that as well.

Leave a comment:

• Drummer
    replied
    Originally posted by craigk View Post
    Would something like Lucite Tite foam spray work ?
    That would work very well to seal the inner and outer fairing, I would assume. I'm actually more concerned with damping the enclosure, so that I won't get the box boom effect from harder hitting bass, and thinking that it would tighten the bass, and clean up the mids as well by lessening back wave reflection through the speaker cone. Glenn.

Leave a comment:

• craigk
    replied
    Would something like Lucite Tite foam spray work ?

Leave a comment:

• Drummer
    replied
    Originally posted by Waboo View Post
    Is it possible to seal it with silicone or Flex Seal (As Seen On TV)? Doesn't seem like you should have to use anything special for stuffing.
    I could do that with a bead of silicone, but I'm more concerned with the stuffing material that I could use that won't hold moisture. I may be over thinking it, as far as being worried about it being much of a problem. It isn't a problem unless I have it cranking for clarity at higher speeds. Glenn.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X