Crossover problem zaph sr71. Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crossover problem zaph sr71. Please help

Hello good afternoon to everyone. First of all, say that I am new to the forum and thank you for accepting me and participating in this good forum. I wanted to ask for help if possible. After reading a lot about zaph's designs, they encouraged me to make the cabinet and buy all the components, although at the beginning I was going to make the mimir kit, I decided on the zaph for its good reputation and all the comments of the forum. What I need is if you can help me and tell me how to place each component for me to weld. I have no idea reading the diagram. Thanks again. PD. sorry, but I don't know English and I use the translator

Hello from Australia

I agree that this stuff can be scary for beginners, and even people who aren't beginning - like me, I still find some crossover designs really hard to work out.

Here's the crossover diagram from the designer's web site:

This gives you the types and value of the crossover parts. The web page also notes that the parts within the green box are optional, for use only if you have a valve amplifier.

The diagram tells you that the tweeter part of the crossover has five parts and the woofer, two.

Here's a short video to get you started. It's not about those particular speakers but I found it useful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNj9Bn3S-1E

Here's a video made by Parts Express about how to wire the crossover on the "Tritrix" speakers, they have a simpler tweeter layout than the SR71, but the woofer uses the same parts layout. I also found this useful:

https://www.parts-express.com/Displa...312&zpid=11918

As to how to wire and solder it all up - I'll have to leave that to others: although my crossovers work, they look terrible!

I also happily admit that I still don't know how to use only one ground wire instead of two, other PETT members will give you (and electronics idiots like me) some guidance.

Good luck

Geoff

Comment

Originally posted by moretty

Thank you very much for the help.
      I looked at it and it seems very instructive, but I don't understand English ...
      Right now at the point I am like if someone can tell me exactly how to put all the components I have and I weld them.
      OK, understood.

I'll have to leave that to someone else, as per my edited reply.

Geof

Comment

Tell us your native language. Someone here might speak it.

Comment

Hola, usé el traductor de Google, así que perdón por cualquier problema. Parece que tienes las 7 partes necesarias para el crossover. ¿Tienes otras resistencias? Ambos son de 3 ohmios en la imagen que proporcionó. En el esquema R0 = 4 ohmios y R5 = 3.5 ohmios. Click image for larger version

Name:	SR71.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	494.9 KB
ID:	1419125 Hello, I used google translate, so pardon any issues. It looks like you have the 7 parts needed for the crossover. Do you have other resistors? Both are 3 ohm in the picture you provided. In the schematic R0 = 4 ohm and R5 = 3.5 ohm.
          My Builds - Overnight Sensations w/ Voxel - Speedsters in surplus boxes - Zaph B3N's in bamboo - Classix II in BR-1 cabinets - Dual TPA3116 D2 amp in an old music box - Mariposas

Comment

Lo siento, no leí los valores de resistencia correctamente. Actualicé la imagen. -> Sorry, I didn't read the resistor values correctly. I updated the picture.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	SR71.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	517.2 KB
ID:	1419127
            My Builds - Overnight Sensations w/ Voxel - Speedsters in surplus boxes - Zaph B3N's in bamboo - Classix II in BR-1 cabinets - Dual TPA3116 D2 amp in an old music box - Mariposas

Comment

Encontré esta imagen y agregué los valores. Puede ver cómo las partes están conectadas entre sí.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	SR71 kit crossover.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	1419130
              I found this picture and added the values. You can see how the parts are connected to each other.

Comment

Very nice of you silver d.

Comment

Please use zip-ties to hold that set of parts down. Glue is not enough.
                  Later,
                  Wolf
                  "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                  "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                  "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                  "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                  http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                  http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Si!
                    Como dijo Wolf: use bridas para sujetar ese conjunto de piezas. El pegamento no es suficiente.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	crossover.JPG Views:	1 Size:	82.4 KB ID:	1419150
                    As Wolf said - Please use zip-ties to hold that set of parts down. Glue is not enough.

Comment

I have seen that zaph puts a foam inside and covers the four faces. My provider says that foam is bad and disintegrates over time and sold me this:
                      https://en.toutlehautparleur.com/set...inch-each.html

Comment

Originally posted by moretty View Post
                        I have seen that zaph puts a foam inside and covers the four faces. My provider says that foam is bad and disintegrates over time and sold me this: https://en.toutlehautparleur.com/set...inch-each.html
                        P.D. I already put the flanges on the crossover. Can I put a screw in the middle to glue it to the base of the cabinet? Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 7 mediante Tapatalk

Comment

Piensa que el material debería funcionar. Sí, podría atornillar el crossover al gabinete.
                          It think that material should work. Yes, you could screw the crossover down to the cabinet.

Comment

If you still can, TY-WRAP THE INDUCTOR. It's heavy, a jolt will break the glue. You may need to drill a hole.
                            Frank

Comment

Working...
                            X