Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One of the coolest features of the forum software - the IGNORE LIST!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dcibel View Post

When you post something clever and no one replies, kind of makes you think doesn't it?
    I had some posts deleted in that latest thread. Well, the whole thread was deleted and OP banned eventually. I always thought I was a comic genius, guess not. I'm laying off the sarcasm.

Comment

i've been around a long time as donc ,and like we just found out about Pete with PETT, i had to start over as donwc .I've learned that i still know very little to nothing compared to most. i hope i don't or haven't done anything to end up on anyone's ignore list . i was called spam after starting over again, i guarantee i'm not spam ,thanks to those who helped me get past that . you guys and speakers are my escape from reality if you will.
      donc

Comment

Thanks! I didn't know that

Comment

Until two weeks ago, I had never added anyone to the ignore list. Sorry dcibel you are not on there ... yet.

That was sarcasm.

I am a reasonable person who knows my facts are often someone else's opinions, so when there is disagreement I generally try and understand the other person's point of view, but there are certain things that flip my switch; dishonesty, laziness, and gasp ... arrogance. Few things are more arrogant than asking for help then spitting in the face of those who lend a hand. That is just wrong.

So, who's building something with the dotd Peerless sds160f25?

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...khanspires-but
          http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...pico-neo-build
          http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...ensation-build

Comment

Originally posted by Kornbread View Post
            Until two weeks ago, I had never added anyone to the ignore list. Sorry dcibel you are not on there ... yet.

That was sarcasm.

I am a reasonable person who knows my facts are often someone else's opinions, so when there is disagreement I generally try and understand the other person's point of view, but there are certain things that flip my switch; dishonesty, laziness, and gasp ... arrogance. Few things are more arrogant than asking for help then spitting in the face of those who lend a hand. That is just wrong.

So, who's building something with the dotd Peerless sds160f25?

Hello from Australia

With your help and that of other PETT members, I re-did the crossover on a commercial two way kit using a similar woofer (the 830657) and the BC25TG. It sounded OK, too. As I also had a pair of the SDS160s in the stash, I tried using those with the same crossover and that sounded OK too. As far as I can see/hear the drivers are almost identical, except that the 160 has more Xmax and is marginally softer overall.

I don't have measuring equipment so this is all based on my 60-plus ears.

However, the vented cabinet was quite large and I've gone with a different project, will keep those woofers for another time, perhaps Jay's "Vagrant Monitor" which uses the woofers in a sealed box with the VIFA TC7.

Cheers

Geoff

Comment

Working...
            X