Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One of the coolest features of the forum software - the IGNORE LIST!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• billfitzmaurice
    replied
    Despite there being thousands of members until recently there were only ten insufferable jerks that made their way onto my iggy list. Two more made it in just the last two days. When it rains it pours I guess.

Leave a comment:

• DohBCooper
    replied
    I did not know about this feature. Thanks for the heads up.

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    What's funny, is occasionally it will boot out my list, and I'll have to reselect the same names again. I don't know the cause, but I've had to do that about 3 times over the years.

Later,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• Liberator of Magic Smoke
    replied
    That's great and all, but it don't work for me. I used to have a few annoying posters on there, but they turned up again and I can't get the list to do anything at all for me now.

Such lists can make a forum bearable when otherwise it's just not worth the trouble. Fortunately, this place isn't plagued with more than one or two noxious weeds at a time. The ones who ask questions and then don't like the answers they get always puzzle me. Then the ones who insist on "arguing" with people who know ten million times more about the topic than they do just blow my mind. This place is an awesome resource and I hate to see it abused.

Leave a comment:

• One of the coolest features of the forum software - the IGNORE LIST!

I have seen this mentioned before, so some people may be aware of this, but...

Click on your user-name in the upper right corner and select the drop-down for Profile
    Select Edit Settings button in the left margin
    Click the tab for Account
    The last item at the bottom is an Ignore List, you can just add user-names

Note that not only do you not see posts by the specified user, but if that user has starts a thread, the entire thread will not show up on the topic list when you visit the forum.

For example, if there is an entire thread about celebrity YouTube videos that becomes toxic or someone posts a question but then wants to just post how they know more than everyone giving them advice, you will never have to even see that such things are happening because it can all be ignored automatically for you!

Working...
X