Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One of the coolest features of the forum software - the IGNORE LIST!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of the coolest features of the forum software - the IGNORE LIST!

I have seen this mentioned before, so some people may be aware of this, but...

Click on your user-name in the upper right corner and select the drop-down for Profile
    Select Edit Settings button in the left margin
    Click the tab for Account
    The last item at the bottom is an Ignore List, you can just add user-names

Note that not only do you not see posts by the specified user, but if that user has starts a thread, the entire thread will not show up on the topic list when you visit the forum.

For example, if there is an entire thread about celebrity YouTube videos that becomes toxic or someone posts a question but then wants to just post how they know more than everyone giving them advice, you will never have to even see that such things are happening because it can all be ignored automatically for you!

• Geoff Millar
    replied
    Originally posted by Kornbread View Post
    Until two weeks ago, I had never added anyone to the ignore list. Sorry dcibel you are not on there ... yet.

That was sarcasm.

I am a reasonable person who knows my facts are often someone else's opinions, so when there is disagreement I generally try and understand the other person's point of view, but there are certain things that flip my switch; dishonesty, laziness, and gasp ... arrogance. Few things are more arrogant than asking for help then spitting in the face of those who lend a hand. That is just wrong.

So, who's building something with the dotd Peerless sds160f25?

Hello from Australia

With your help and that of other PETT members, I re-did the crossover on a commercial two way kit using a similar woofer (the 830657) and the BC25TG. It sounded OK, too. As I also had a pair of the SDS160s in the stash, I tried using those with the same crossover and that sounded OK too. As far as I can see/hear the drivers are almost identical, except that the 160 has more Xmax and is marginally softer overall.

I don't have measuring equipment so this is all based on my 60-plus ears.

However, the vented cabinet was quite large and I've gone with a different project, will keep those woofers for another time, perhaps Jay's "Vagrant Monitor" which uses the woofers in a sealed box with the VIFA TC7.

Cheers

Geoff

Leave a comment:

• Kornbread
    replied
    Until two weeks ago, I had never added anyone to the ignore list. Sorry dcibel you are not on there ... yet.

That was sarcasm.

I am a reasonable person who knows my facts are often someone else's opinions, so when there is disagreement I generally try and understand the other person's point of view, but there are certain things that flip my switch; dishonesty, laziness, and gasp ... arrogance. Few things are more arrogant than asking for help then spitting in the face of those who lend a hand. That is just wrong.

So, who's building something with the dotd Peerless sds160f25?

Leave a comment:

• JoeCaWWW
    replied
    Thanks! I didn't know that

Leave a comment:

• donwc
    replied
    i've been around a long time as donc ,and like we just found out about Pete with PETT, i had to start over as donwc .I've learned that i still know very little to nothing compared to most. i hope i don't or haven't done anything to end up on anyone's ignore list . i was called spam after starting over again, i guarantee i'm not spam ,thanks to those who helped me get past that . you guys and speakers are my escape from reality if you will.
    donc

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    Originally posted by dcibel View Post

When you post something clever and no one replies, kind of makes you think doesn't it?
    I had some posts deleted in that latest thread. Well, the whole thread was deleted and OP banned eventually. I always thought I was a comic genius, guess not. I'm laying off the sarcasm.

Leave a comment:

• dcibel
    replied
    Sorry...one of the many coolest things ;)

Leave a comment:

• a4eaudio
    replied
    Originally posted by dcibel View Post
    Funny to think that the "coolest" feature
    To be fair, I did title the thread "one of the coolest". But there were two recent threads that got pretty ridiculous so I thought this might be useful to know. You are definitely right that it is about as easy to just ignore such posts without using the ignore feature.

Leave a comment:

• dcibel
    replied
    Originally posted by kevintomb View Post
    This may sound funny, but I have never seen a member on this forum I could not tolerate...

Now I am 2nd guessing, maybe I am on everyone's Ignore list?.....
    When you post something clever and no one replies, kind of makes you think doesn't it? I'm sure I'm on a couple members ignore list, but that's their choice to make so whatever.

Funny to think that the "coolest" feature of a social forum is the ability to be anti-social. I used to have a couple members on an ignore list years ago, but it only partially worked as you still see quotes when others interact, which just makes the conversation flow look weird. I'd also like to think that people can change, so ignoring someone today because they annoyed me 5 years ago isn't really fair, so I just use my brain now to ignore what I read on my own terms.

Leave a comment:

• Simon Moon
    replied
    This may sound funny, but I have never seen a member on this forum I could not tolerate...

I feel the same way.

It's not like this is a forum about politics or religion.

There is not much I can think of on a speaker design forum, that would make someone worthy of not seeing their posts at all. If I come across a post by someone that is intolerable, I just skip to the next post.

Leave a comment:

• fpitas
    replied

I was that way. I finally added one guy to my list last week.

Leave a comment:

• kevintomb
    replied

Leave a comment:

• fpitas
    replied
    Originally posted by kenny_k View Post
    The key to many head to heads is to ask good questions and follow up with better questions (not stupid answers).
    You're right, but I suspect a few people here simply enjoy making trouble.

Leave a comment:

• kenny_k
    replied
    The key to many head to heads is to ask good questions and follow up with better questions (not stupid answers).

Leave a comment:

• carlthess40
    replied
    I’m sure I’m on a few persons list. Lol You’re only limited by your knowledge and persistence to expand your knowledge and to achieve what you want in getting the satisfaction that you made it

Leave a comment:

Working...
X