Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6thplanet
    replied
    Thanks guys! No tweeter for me, the aluminum cones have plenty of top end for me. I haven't played through this cab yet as my amp is out at our practice place (which has failed to happen in a few weeks) Im sure they'll have have enough and if not, nothing a little EQ can't take care of. I use a Hartke 7000 head. I just sold the empty 8/10 cab, so next is some more plywood to get the next cab going.

Leave a comment:

• wogg
    replied
    Those grilles are fantastic! I wasn't a fan of the old Hartke setup I've tried in the past, a 1x15 and 4x10 stack back in the 90s. Those look totally different though, I love the aesthetic.

are you going to use the tweeter too? I personally love high end in my bass rig, and control the tone with the fingers. I did my little amp with a proper crossover to be flat and it's my favorite tone ever.

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    Yes, Tommy, bass guitar rig.
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• tomzarbo
    replied
    Woah! Thats pretty cool. Forgive my ignorance, but these are for bass guitar use?
    TomZ

Leave a comment:

• 6thplanet
    replied
    Grills fresh off the water jet machine. Gonna clean them up and get some black paint on um.

Leave a comment:

• 6thplanet
    replied
    The nice thing about the Hartke is their new drivers. It's an aluminum basket and neo magnet. The 810 cab only weights 135lbs, which is pretty light for that size cab. Still two 4/10's is easier to manage and a bit more versatile.

Leave a comment:

• Drummer
    replied
    That looks killer! You got a great deal on that bad boy! I've helped lift way too many SVT 810's, and I love what you did with the cabinet.

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    Looks professional.

Leave a comment:

• 6thplanet
    started a topic 4/10 bass cabinet

4/10 bass cabinet

This project started out as a killer Craigslist find. It's the Hartke Hydrive 810 bass cabinet. Bought for a whopping $280. The drivers alone are $100 a piece, freaking score! Can't leave well enough alone and I'm not about lugging an 8/10 cab around so I got to cutting some plywood. Basically built the whole thing from 3/4" ply. The front is datoed in, the back is removable (this made it easier to cover), and I robbed the drivers, handles, and input plate from the original cab. The corners came from China and the Tolex from the UK. Only built one for now, but plan to do another later.
Working...
X