AE TD8S = not listed on AE's site

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AE TD8S = not listed on AE's site

i had seen where the TD8S was used in a build . not listed on the AE site . the TD8M is listed as a mid ,what's the scoop on the "S" ?
    donc

I noticed that too recently.. you might just want to drop them an email.

Comment

They usually use letter designations at the end of the model number to specify slight differences in the T/S parameters or other spec's.

Comment

IIRC the 8S is more of a woofer with a rubber surround and the 8M is a true midrange with accordion surround

Comment

I've always wondered why rubber surrounds aren't used on all AE drivers !?
          donc

Comment

Originally posted by donwc View Post
            I've always wondered why rubber surrounds aren't used on all AE drivers !?
            donc
            I was the one who ordered those woofers. They wound up in Ed Rosenquist's cabinets teamed up with the Transducer Labs Magnesium domes in guides on Corian baffles.
            Rubber surrounds have resonance issues that are different than foam or accordion rolls.

The surrounds on this OEM SEAS 7" midrange is one example of how to minimize edge resonance and diffraction from a protruding roll.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SEAS  custom mid.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	1419952
            R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
            Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
            "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Working...
            X