Uploading photos to TT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uploading photos to TT

Can someone give me directions for uploading a photo to this board. I'm a certified computer idiot compared to most of you. Thanks

Steve

Hey Steve.
    Click on the little "paperclip on a piece of paper" icon at the top right of the message box, (next to it is an underlined A and smiley face)
    Then click "upload Attachments" button on the lower left of the message box, and locate the file on your computer that you want to upload.
    Then next to the word "Insert" click on either Thumbnail, small, medium, large, or fullsize, I usually click on "Large."
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment Icon.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	2.9 KB
ID:	1419700
    Before you click on the size, I usually try and position my cursor in the message where I want the pic to display or else I think it puts it at the end of the message by default.
    Also, they can't be huge pictures either file-size speaking. We can't upload 10 mb pics for example, and I think we're restricted to about 5 per post?

Hope this helps,
    TomZ
    *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
    *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF *Cello's Speaker Project Page

*Building the "Micro-B 2.1 Plate Amplifier -- Part 1 * Part 2 * Part 3 * Part 4 * * Part 5 'Review' * -- Assembly Instructions PDF

Comment

Oh, and I had some trouble figuring it out as well in the beginning as well. Many of us used to use Photobucket to host pics here until they went rogue a few years back. Now I think most have adopted PE's Tech Talk picture hosting as the method of choice to upload pics.
      TomZ
      *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
      *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF *Cello's Speaker Project Page

*Building the "Micro-B 2.1 Plate Amplifier -- Part 1 * Part 2 * Part 3 * Part 4 * * Part 5 'Review' * -- Assembly Instructions PDF

Comment

If you click on the camera icon on the left upper corner, you can upload from your picture files, or pictures in your download files. This will result in a thumbnail, which users can click on to enlarge.

A large number of large full size pictures can be tedious to scroll through once you have seen them, and if someone quotes you and leaves those pictures in, they all get duplicated.

Comment

Originally posted by tomzarbo View Post
          Hey Steve.
          Click on the little "paperclip on a piece of paper" icon at the top right of the message box, (next to it is an underlined A and smiley face)
          Then click "upload Attachments" button on the lower left of the message box, and locate the file on your computer that you want to upload.
          Then next to the word "Insert" click on either Thumbnail, small, medium, large, or fullsize, I usually click on "Large."
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment Icon.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	2.9 KB
ID:	1419700
          Before you click on the size, I usually try and position my cursor in the message where I want the pic to display or else I think it puts it at the end of the message by default.
          Also, they can't be huge pictures either file-size speaking. We can't upload 10 mb pics for example, and I think we're restricted to about 5 per post?

Hope this helps,
          TomZ
          Sometimes, you have to scroll down to see the upload attachments button, because it's off the screen.

Comment

Thanks everyone, I have a single photo I want to send, a new circle jig DIY plan in a magazine. I'll try tonight.
            djg -- where is this icon you mention?

Comment

In my browser, in the reply bar at the bottom of the page, before you type anything, it says "write something". If you look just above that, there are two icons, a camera and a link. if you click on the camera you get a choice to upload, from your files, or select from photo album. I click upload and my file upload window opens. The items I upload are from my personal pictures on my PC, or pictures I have downloaded that are in downloads. Windows 10 on a PC.

Comment

djg
                Thanks, very clear and I see it now. I was going to try last night but didn't get around to it.

Steve

Comment

My idiocy is probably showing. I uploaded the photo from my camera to the computer. But when I try to link to it using the camera icon, for whatever reason it gives an error when trying to upload. The file is 9 Mb is that too large? If I try to use the paper clip icon, it wants an internet URL, or says I have not uploaded any files. So maybe the photo needs to be somewhere else on the computer? Help!

Comment

92kb. I think 9mb might be a tad too large.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the photo limit is 2 Mb for a single shot. I've always loaded photos with the "paper clip" icon link which can take me to photo files, scanned files or document files stored on my computer.
                      Paul

Comment

Is there a way to lower the size of the file?

Comment

I may try shooting the pic with my phone to see if that goes through better.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by skatz View Post
                            I may try shooting the pic with my phone to see if that goes through better.

Steve
                            That should work. You can find apps to reduce photo size as well.

Comment

I use paint.net for basic resizing, cropping, and adjustments. It's free and fairly easy to use. Assuming you have Windows.

https://www.getpaint.net

Ignore the big green buttons on their page. Click the link under "Get it now (free download)" on the right.
                              On the second page, scroll down and chose a host link under "Download"

Comment

Working...
                              X