Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are these drivers useful for home audio...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are these drivers useful for home audio...

Fs: 20.4Hz
    Qms: 4.5
    Vas: 387L
    Cms: .4mm/N
    Mms: 152g
    Rms: 4.35
    Xmax: 18.5mm
    Sd: 825sqcm
    Vd: 3.05L
    Qes: .45
    Re: 2.7ohm
    Z: 4ohm
    Le: .163mH
    Pe: 500W
    Qts: .41
    1W SPL: 90.6dB

Looking to be spoon fed if anybody has the time. I have 2 of these 15'' AE IB 4 Auto subs. Used them for years in a car and enjoyed them. I understand that they work best "IB", but what size and type box would be necessary to make good use of them? Hoping to use them in the basement as a fun project type of a system.
    I realize there are box building programs but don't trust myself to utilize them correctly.

Yes they are good for home use. They'll work well in closed boxes from 75ltrs to over 200. 200 ltrs for qtc .707.

Comment

AE woofers are very nice, you should definitely use them.
      Francis

Comment

In a 4 cf closed box, they should better 115dB (500wRMS) @ 40Hz (Q 0.85) all day long. GREAT for music (but missing the bottom octave for HT - not accounting for room gain).

Comment

These drivers could also be used in an open baffle subwoofer, or even better as an H-frame dipole.

The current AE IBHT woofers are also good for that application judging solely by their TS parameters.
          Charlie's Audio Pages: http://audio.claub.net

Comment

Thanks, people. I was thinking that the boxes would need to be bigger. Like refrigerator sized. Figure I will build 2 separate boxes 24"x24"x30" with 1 1/2" material.

Comment

Working...
            X