Question Re: Apollo and Helix MT designs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question Re: Apollo and Helix MT designs

I'm trying to narrow down my choice of my next speaker build, and I've got it narrowed down to 3 designs:
    - Apollo 7 MT
    - Helix Dome MT
    - MicroStatements

I like some practical reasons for choosing the Apollo or Helix Dome over the MicroStatements, but I'm having trouble getting some clarification on near-field use. (BTW, what happened to the Ares design? It would have possibly been in the running.)

I'd be using these mounted on or above a desktop, at about 33" from me. If I invert the speaker so that the tweeter is on the bottom, I should be able to raise it higher off the desk to minimize reflection from the desktop. (Is that allowed?) I also can have up to 18" or so behind the speaker, so breathing room is not necessarily a problem. The only remaining question that people speak of in terms of nearfield use is driver integration. Would that be a problem at just shy of a yard?

PM sent
    R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
    Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
    "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Huh. I've got PMs from other people, but didn't get yours.

Comment

Working...
      X