Waveguide for Transducer Lab tweeters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waveguide for Transducer Lab tweeters

Hi. Any recommendations on a matching waveguide I can use on the Transducer Lab N26C tweeter?

Did not see Pellegrene Acoustics website functioning anymore and I know he did some waveguides. Any alternative suggestions?
    thanks,
    Herman

I have the same question. It seems to me that a Visaton WG-148R might work. I might buy one to try (not too much $). I would prefer something a bit deeper and better looking.

Comment

Originally posted by noviygera View Post
      Hi. Any recommendations on a matching waveguide I can use on the Transducer Lab N26C tweeter?

Did not see Pellegrene Acoustics website functioning anymore and I know he did some waveguides. Any alternative suggestions?
      thanks,
      Herman
      If you have access to a CNC. I've done a couple different depth guides for the N26 series. The first was 2" deep and 8.5" wide with a circular arc profile to the guide walls. The other was for the N26 Magnesium and it was only 1.5" deep, 8" wide. Once the crossover was applied, the Mg tweeter/guide resulted in the smoothest tweeter response I've ever seen. The opening for each guide was 1" and just covered the dome surround. Both those guides performed exceptionally well. The T-labs tweeters are about as good as a dome gets.

Here's the deeper guide with the N26 ceramic.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Steve1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	1421037

Below is the 1.5" deep version with the Mag dome.

Click image for larger version

Name:	VonOtto.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	1421038
      R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
      Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
      "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

maybe SEOS-8 waveguide? Only one that's off the self, as far as I can find.

Comment

Originally posted by noviygera View Post
          maybe SEOS-8 waveguide? Only one that's off the self, as far as I can find.
          That has a fair chance of working well. It's made to match up with a flat tweeter face plate.
          R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
          Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

"Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete Schumacher View Post

That has a fair chance of working well. It's made to match up with a flat tweeter face plate.
            Pete, how do you guys match the guide up to the tweeter without destroying the dome. I have a pair of the N26 that I was thinking about using in a guide but every time I do, I'm worried that I'm just going to shatter it.
            -Kerry

Comment

That’s a fair concern. I did that once.
              Gotta be real careful is all.
              The SEOS8 opening is probably big enough that there should be no problem.

Comment

Have you looked through this thread?:

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...ted-waveguides

I think Brandon designed and printed guides for the TL tweeters, as well as many others. He posted files for many of his designs so others might print them.

Comment

Depending upon the faceplate opening cross section, and how close the dome and surround are, it may be possible with some care to turn an adapter that allows the guide throat to closely surround the dome using the original faceplate. This could allow a nicer throat configuration.

I haven't worked with the TL tweeters, the one in the photo is a TB reverse dome. I usually remove the faceplates, but the TB faceplate seemed to be too well connected to risk damaging the domes.

Were someone to try this I suggest using Aluminum rather than Corian, as I did. There are other suitable softer and more resilient plastics that could also work well.

Comment

Working...
                  X