Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the finish on the Dayton RS line change ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did the finish on the Dayton RS line change ?

Hi, I just received my order today all the parts to build the Statements. So as I was opening everything I noticed the RS225-8 had a different finish then my older RS180. The RS 225 are a raw metallic blackish aluminum,not black like my RS180's. Did dayton change the finish or did the RS225 miss the paint both?

Pictures?

Comment

The aluminum RS series cones are anodized black. The black is just a dye that is added after the parts leave the anodizing bath. There are several parameters in the anodizing, dying, and post processes that will affect the final appearance. If the cone manufacturer doesn't hold those parameters extremely tight there will be variances in the "look". It should not affect the driver's performance however.
      Craig

Comment

Considering my Khans, because that is what I have. A pair of RS225 put out enough bass in most rooms that it isn't a limiting factor. Since we design the speakers to have a flat response, adding a second pair isn't going to get you more bass. If you want more pants flapping power, are you wanting to alter the frequency response? You can easily do this by turning up your subwoofer louder. If you want deeper extension into subwoofer terriority, then you really should be looking at increasing the size of the woofers. This is either a new design or you can do like I mentioned earlier, go 4-way using an active crossover (like a MINIDSP) to switch from the RS225 to whatever your adding.

Bluestacks Kodi Lucky Patcher
        Last edited by amzounslide95; 10-05-2019, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by amzounslide95 View Post
          Considering my Khans, because that is what I have. A pair of RS225 put out enough bass in most rooms that it isn't a limiting factor. Since we design the speakers to have a flat response, adding a second pair isn't going to get you more bass. If you want more pants flapping power, are you wanting to alter the frequency response? You can easily do this by turning up your subwoofer louder. If you want deeper extension into subwoofer terriority, then you really should be looking at increasing the size of the woofers. This is either a new design or you can do like I mentioned earlier, go 4-way using an active crossover (like a MINIDSP) to switch from the RS225 to whatever your adding.
          Wrong thread? Unless paint changes the frequency response...
          Francis

Comment

I was just thinking the same thing lol.

Comment

Originally posted by fpitas View Post
              Wrong thread? Unless paint changes the frequency response...
              Originally posted by buggers View Post
              I was just thinking the same thing lol.
              The spammers are getting creative lately ... they copy something from an old thread and paste it. Thus it does "look" relevant to tech-talk. Post #4 was copied from a 2015 post on htguide.com...2nd post down

Comment

Originally posted by a4eaudio View Post

The spammers are getting creative lately ... they copy something from an old thread and paste it. Thus it does "look" relevant to tech-talk. Post #4 was copied from a 2015 post on htguide.com...2nd post down
                Our new friend also suggested carrying around a plate amp and sub with a boom box. I figure if he's that strong, I won't argue with him!
                Francis

Comment

Working...
                X