Pi Speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pi Speakers

Does anyone have experience with Wayne Parham’s Pi Speakers? You can buy finished speakers or you can buy the same speakers in a DIY Kit.

I am specifically interested in the Four Pi. It is a 2 way that uses a 15” JBL Woofer and a Horn Tweeter.

Thanks

I haven't heard them, but the 2226 woofer is nice enough, and the H290C horn measures well. My only real comment is I'd definitely spring for the DE250 driver, just because it has a polymer diaphragm, vs the titanium diaphragm of the PSD2002.
    Francis

Comment

Wayne is a great guy , very knowledgeable . a no smoke,mirrors or snake oil type of man . he has a room at the LSAF in Dallas every year .
      donc

Comment

Have you heard horn or waveguide speakers before? They tend to have a unique sound.
        Francis

Comment

I have heard several different Klipsch speakers over the years and while I find Klipsch lacking in many ways, there is something about them that absolutely intrigues me..... drum beats, strumming guitar, live vocals etc...

My primary speakers are the Linkwitz LXminis (with add on subs). The minis are awesome. They offer the clearest, most refined sound I have ever experienced including the best midrange and imaging I have ever heard. The Pi speakers seam to offer a similar level
          of clarity, mid range, and imaging but with the best attributes of horn loaded designs.

I am specifically interested in the Four Pi speakers and would use the JBL Woofer and B&C DE250 Driver if I were to build them.

Any other horn designs I should consider?

Thanks

Comment

What I liked about the K-horns was the dynamics they were capable of. But I heard a rival recently, Charlie Laub's nude system that was at the Meniscus/CSS get together in Grand Rapids recently. Very dynamic and capable. (The thread is still live on the board, titled DIY speaker event in Grand Rapids, see post #50 and several others after it.)

Comment

I should also add that their sound was very UN-colored.

Comment

I had the 3Pi speakers and regret selling them. I liked the more than my SEOS15+TDM15 speaker. Not wanting to start and argument between SEOSvsPi - merely sharing my preference. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Why did you sell the 3 Pis? What can you tell me about the sound?

Comment

Working...
                  X