Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stephenmarklay
    replied
    Thank you so much Tom! Just for the record, Tom is an awesome guy!

I played around with it more and I figured out that it is the woofer that is bad rather than the tweeter. Of course they are out of stock too. They are a popular little driver!

I created a thread with a couple of pictures as well.

Thank you everyone for all of the help. I could not have done it without the advice you have all graciously offered.

Leave a comment:

• tomzarbo
    replied
    Stephen, you have a PM.
    TomZ

Leave a comment:

• stephenmarklay
    replied
    I have my set complete. I will create a gallery for them. Unfortunately, one of the tweeters has a vibration. I contacted customer service but they look to be out of stock for another month.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff F.
    commented on 's reply
    That should be close enough.

• stephenmarklay
    replied
    Thank you Jeff. I am going to halve the distance that you see here. It am going to try 1/4” spacing. That baffle is corian which is a little more brittle so I am hesitant to take too much material out between them in fear of it cracking.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff F.
    commented on 's reply
    I would probably move them closer together to try and mimic Duane's spacing.

• stephenmarklay
    replied
    If I get some time this weekend I am going mount the drivers to the baffle. I have yet to cut the holes. As far as the driver centers I didn’t see any of those details. But it looks like the tweeter is only set down as much as necessary and the t/w spacing is at a min as well. So I will just do the same unless there is more specific information available.

I have the tweet 1.5” from the top of the box and in this image the tweeter and woofer are 0.5” from each other. It looks like I should reduce the tweeter to woofer spacing.

Thoughts?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3081.jpeg
Views:	197
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	1432713
    Last edited by stephenmarklay; 02-22-2020, 05:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• marvin
    replied
    I have a fast on connector that is slightly oversized. It grips solidly but is slightly wider than what is desirable. Considering the vibration it will endure, Ben's soldering suggestion is likely the best solution.

Leave a comment:

• stephenmarklay
    replied
    Thank you both.

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    Solder, but do it carefully. There is not a fast-on for that terminal.
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• marvin
    replied
    Originally posted by stephenmarklay View Post
    I have been side tracked but I have these in the works. I have to finish the front and rear baffles (cut holes and finish). If I manage to cut well I am going to use a Corian baffle in the front. I get cheap scraps locally so why not.

I did have a quick question… The tabs on the tweeter are tiny. Do they make connector in this size or should I just solder to the tab?
    I measured the tabs on the Tweeter and they are a strong. 1/8 inch So a 1/8 inch connector. Does not fit. You should be able to find something that does though. .

Leave a comment:

• stephenmarklay
    replied
    I have been side tracked but I have these in the works. I have to finish the front and rear baffles (cut holes and finish). If I manage to cut well I am going to use a Corian baffle in the front. I get cheap scraps locally so why not.

I did have a quick question… The tabs on the tweeter are tiny. Do they make connector in this size or should I just solder to the tab?

Leave a comment:

• stephenmarklay
    replied
    I have been waiting for the tweeters to get back in stock. Now they are so I ordered everything today. Can’t wait to get it.

Leave a comment:

• stephenmarklay
    replied
    Originally posted by Drjay View Post
    I did model it in my modified box size. Using a 1.250" port at a tuning frequency of 53Hz, WinISD somputed an F3 of 48Hz, SPL of 94db at Xmax, and port velocity of 30M/sec using a 5.75 long port. The modeled response was 1 db down at 80Hz and 1 db up at 58Hz. When I listened to the speaker, I liked a port length of 5.5 inches best, but the differences between 6", 5.5" and 5" were very subtle.
    Thank you DrJay! Much appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• Drjay
    replied
    I did model it in my modified box size. Using a 1.250" port at a tuning frequency of 53Hz, WinISD somputed an F3 of 48Hz, SPL of 94db at Xmax, and port velocity of 30M/sec using a 5.75 long port. The modeled response was 1 db down at 80Hz and 1 db up at 58Hz. When I listened to the speaker, I liked a port length of 5.5 inches best, but the differences between 6", 5.5" and 5" were very subtle.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X