Need some replacement parts - ProAc bookshelves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some replacement parts - ProAc bookshelves

These belonged to a friends dad. One of them took a dive to the floor dead on it's side. No cabinet damage, but it took out both drivers in the cabinet. The tweeter is obvious, looks like the same faceplate for any of the Vifa DX25TG models. The woofer comes up as a SEAS Prestige series available at that place in Grand Rapids, I'll point him to that for a replacement.

For the tweeter... I can't find that exact model, it may be NLA. Would it be a good idea to attempt to drop in a DX25TG59-04, or just get one and attempt to swap the faceplate to the original? The tweeter motor and dome are fine, it's just the faceplate that is destroyed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20191016_191741.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	227.7 KB
ID:	1423189

Name:	20191016_191517.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	230.5 KB
ID:	1423190

Name:	20191016_191236.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	249.4 KB
ID:	1423191
    Electronics engineer, woofer enthusiast, and musician.
    Wogg Music
    Published projects: PPA100 Bass Guitar Amp, ISO El-Cheapo Sub, Indy 8 2.1 powered sub, MicroSat, SuperNova Minimus

https://willys-hifi.com/blogs/news/p...10-140-tweeter

a company in Wi. carries these tweeters.
    craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

Thanks Craig, that's the one I was thinking it is. Must've updated the model number a bit.

They're out of stock at the moment though. Would you know if the face plate from a XT25TG30-01 ring radiator is the same physical dimension? We could just swap face plates with the original and go about our day.
      Wogg Music
      Published projects: PPA100 Bass Guitar Amp, ISO El-Cheapo Sub, Indy 8 2.1 powered sub, MicroSat, SuperNova Minimus

Comment

Originally posted by wogg View Post
        Thanks Craig, that's the one I was thinking it is. Must've updated the model number a bit.

They're out of stock at the moment though. Would you know if the face plate from a XT25TG30-01 ring radiator is the same physical dimension? We could just swap face plates with the original and go about our day.
        i think so. i have an XT in my hand comparing it to a pic on the computer, i can't tell any difference in the two.
        craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

Cool... based on pictures it looks like they use the same face plate for everything ..25T..

I was able to find one of the domes on eBay. My buddy has both the woofer and tweeter purchased and on their way now. We'll drop them in and see how they do. I'll probably do a sweep to compare the two when we get them back together. I figure I may adjust a resistor a bit at most to re-match levels as needed.
          Wogg Music

Comment

Working...
          X