Home Audio Receiver to Pro Amp connect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Audio Receiver to Pro Amp connect

I want to hope up my receiver to my iNuke 3000 pro amp, so far I used an ART clean pro but can only get very low volume from my sub so I tried it on my tower speakers with the same result, barely any volume. I read about it being done all the time but can't figure out how.
    I've tried everything I can think of, different receivers,connections etc. I'm going nuts...more than usual!

What do you/others use to get receiver to pro amp work

The ART should do the job converting from unbalanced to balanced. It must also increase the level of the signal. Are the ART level controls set to max?

Comment

It should work without the cleanbox, it can take balanced or unbalanced input. Set the mode switch to stereo. Set the crossover switch to full range. Use a RCA to 1/4 TS cable, that will short the Ring to the sleeve for an unbalanced input. Check your Speakon connectors. It's very easy to get the connections between speaker one and speaker two messed up, swapping 1- and 2-, been there- done that.

Comment

Consumer line levels run around -10dBu, pro sound +4dBu, so that's 14dB of gain you'd need to come up with between the receiver sub out and the amp line in.
        www.billfitzmaurice.com
        www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

The ART clean box only routes:
          RCA >>> XLR or XLR >>> RCA

It does not pass
          RCA >>> RCA or XLR >>> XLR

So, if you are using a passive RCA to XLR adapter, then plugging it into the XLR input on the clean box, you won't get XLR out (if that makes sense.)

I don't know if that's your issue, but I made the same mistake with mine ;)

Comment

Originally posted by billfitzmaurice View Post
            Consumer line levels run around -10dBu, pro sound +4dBu, so that's 14dB of gain you'd need to come up with between the receiver sub out and the amp line in.
            That's usually the spec for typical inputs, output levels can vary widely. But based on the fact the OP said subwoofer output, I'm going to guess that his AVR is going to be able to put out at least 0dBu. Has any AVR made in the last 20 years not had a "hot" subwoofer output? But even at -10dBu he should have more than "barely any volume"

To the OP - what kind of AVR are you using? And have you tried resetting it back to factory?

Comment

Originally posted by chad1376 View Post
              The ART clean box only routes:
              RCA >>> XLR or XLR >>> RCA

It does not pass
              RCA >>> RCA or XLR >>> XLR

So, if you are using a passive RCA to XLR adapter, then plugging it into the XLR input on the clean box, you won't get XLR out (if that makes sense.)

I don't know if that's your issue, but I made the same mistake with mine ;)
              Good info. Chris, the OP should provide a connection drawing or pic. devnull has a point though lots of things in the chain from source to output can add to the issue.

Comment

I used the Rolls Promatch for my Crown XLX2002 and it converts rca to XLR. Even though the crown has a higher input sensitivity setting for consumer level components its still wasn't a enough gain. With the Rolls I can crush the analog signal to almost full and my amp gains are at 40 percent and I have huge output without clipping.

Comment

While I think post Chad1367's post #7 is the answer, I had low sub-woofer volumes when one occasion where the receiver was rolling off/high pass the low frequencies (small speaker setting) thereby reducing the bass output, then another time when I use the crown's low pass filter in conjunction with the receivers LFE signal.
                  John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

Just to make it more clear, below is from the owner's manual.. This is also printed on the bottom of the clean box. It's two completely separate circuits stuffed in one case (maybe there's some cross-talk passing a little of the signal between the two?) I don't think OP ever came back to look at this thread though.

Comment

Working...
                    X