Vituix problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vituix problems

Sorry if this is already answered here but I can’t find it so I’ll ask away, I’m having trouble loading FRDzma files into vituix all the videos online show the files loading automatically but mine just won’t display a frequency graph. I came across a YouTube video that shoewed a fix by deleting some extraneous lines of text from the beginning and end of the files using notepad and then re importing but I still get nothing?

sny help would be greatefully appreciated

tjanks

Upload one of your .frd files so we can take a look.

Comment

I’m just using the Dayton files off parts express but I’ll get my son to upload the file from his laptop

Comment

here is one
        Attached Files

Comment

Even though that one loads for me, you could try removing the "@" character from the name (or change to "at"), and you can remove the very 1st line in the file (which is blank). I don't see any obvious trouble w/it though.

In my notes (for this 4ohm driver), it SEEMs like its SPL (.frd) curve is about -3dB too low, almost like it was taken @ 1w, rather than @ 2.83v.
          A few yrs. ago Dayton and/or PE was spec'ing some 4ohm drivers at 1w, rather than at 2.83v (which is 2w into 4 ohms). For XO work, all sensitivities should be at 2.83v. (Anyone else ever bumped into this, here?). I don't use Omnimic, so I don't really know if that COULD have happened by mistake, back a few yrs. ago? ?

Comment

You need to insert a crossover (or just a wire) in the crossover portion of the program for the responses to show up now.

Comment

The older VituixCAD V1 behaved a bit different and responses would show up as you imported them. In Version 2 with free crossover schematic drawing option you will need to connect your driver(s) to the generator as civit indicates.

Comment

Thanks for the help, I’ll try it next time I’m with my son, is it the same for the tweeter section as well or do you just need the basic amp driver to bring the tweeter and woofer graphs in to vituix

Comment

Finally caught up with my son today and we tried the suggestions put forward here and it’s finally showing graphs, thanks for the help here I guess now I’ll see if I can make something that’s workable, so the questions may really start coming thick and fast.
                  once again thanks for the input here

Comment

Working...
                  X