2.1 Amp Choices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.1 Amp Choices

I picked up one of the little 2.1 boards (https://www.parts-express.com/tps311...e-con--320-635) and it is better than I thought. That got me wondering what the 2.1 class D landscape looks like.

I will probably build a case for the one I have but I am curious what other options there are?

Steve,
    what did you think of the subwoofer section... what driver did you use on it?
    It's on my radar for a Bantams 2.1 table radio.

Also, does it turn on in the last mode used or revert to bluetooth? Any funny issues when it's removed from power, like pops or weird volume changes?
    TomZ
    *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
    *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF *Cello's Speaker Project Page

*Building the "Micro-B 2.1 Plate Amplifier -- Part 1 * Part 2 * Part 3 * Part 4 * * Part 5 'Review' * -- Assembly Instructions PDF

Comment

Nice choice. I have been looking at that as well but have not ordered one yet.

This may already exist but what I would like to see is a modular set of components that lets you pick a source with USB/3.5/BT inputs and built in DSP with 6 outputs so that you can then do anywhere from basic stereo to three way to a sub/sat setup and then a bunch of amp options to round out a system.

Comment

Originally posted by tomzarbo View Post
        Steve,
        what did you think of the subwoofer section... what driver did you use on it?
        It's on my radar for a Bantams 2.1 table radio.

Also, does it turn on in the last mode used or revert to bluetooth? Any funny issues when it's removed from power, like pops or weird volume changes?
        TomZ
        Tom, I need to play with it for a few before I can make any real judgements. The is being used for my soundbar project. It is powering Jeff B Continuums as the mains and a TB W5 in it’t own box. I have a W6 coming that will be in the Soundbar but it is a week from being here… It seems to be a pretty good match for the sub and it did not seem to degrade at higher volumes.

The bluethooth connection was good on my LG TV. I will probably use the optical port (to RCA) when I am done playing with it. But I have to check on how it boots up each time. The bluetooth switch is the volume knob (pushes in) which is nice.

I like the features of the amp. It has sub Freq and level, as well as mains level and treble as well as a switchable high pass filter.

I am going to play music through it and figure out what filter settings and sub volume next.

Comment

One thing I saw on the board was a spot to add a USB input. That could be a nice feature...

Comment

Before I went to the Dayton DSP sub amps, I bought a Nobsound 2.1 complete amp. It has similar functionality and power as your board, I believe. I still use it in my bedside 2.1. It is very flexible and only lacks XO control for the satellites. They run full range, the sub output volume and XO freq is controllable.

Comment

Working...
            X