Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did this Christmas Season's Sales at PE entice you guys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rpb
    replied
    The plate amp unfortunately has a built in high-pass of 20hz! I sure wish that was set much lower. The box software shows the response with the high-pass, and a very low low-pass. Looks like the effective low-pass is about 60hz. The excursion just touches the 6mm mark around 28hz (I think. Shut down the other computer that the sim is on.)
    This is low power, but for music it seems to be sufficient for my use, at least in this system. I have a larger system in another room. Don't be fooled too much though. It's the low-pass filter that is responsible for the lower f3. This sub sounded great last night with a bunch of Pink Floyd concert videos on You-tube. The amp is 100w, and has a 24dB low-pass. I think it's a good match for this driver. My plate amp has some issues though, and might need to be returned even though it sounds fine.

Click image for larger version  Name:	sealed  RS270p.jpg Views:	0 Size:	225.3 KB ID:	1429200

Leave a comment:

• Kered
    replied
    Wow indeed, I need to try this. I am a fan of sealed subs.

Leave a comment:

• rpb
    replied
    Originally posted by tomzarbo View Post

Nice! Wow, I wouldn't have thought to use that driver as a subwoofer at all.
    Just goes to show what some of these drivers are capable of if you plug the specs into a box program.

TomZ
    I discovered something else. I was in a hurry to try the amp, and I already had the rs270p in a sealed 1 cu-ft box. (Two way with H26 tweeter.) I hooked it up, and set the low-pass somewhere around 60hz. It was very impressive. I checked what might be going on with box modeling software, and saw an f3 of about 25hz! I was going to show a screen shot, but my computer is not booting this morning.

Leave a comment:

• tomzarbo
    replied
    Originally posted by rpb View Post
    I bought the Dayton SA100 100w plate amp. I plan to use it with an RS270P-4 that I bought a while back. The box will be around 3 cu-ft. Should have an f3 of about 23hz.
    Nice! Wow, I wouldn't have thought to use that driver as a subwoofer at all.
    Just goes to show what some of these drivers are capable of if you plug the specs into a box program.

TomZ

Leave a comment:

• Dukk
    replied
    I spent $440 including everything except cabinets to build a set of Lithiums, four TCP155-4 drivers, a TPS3116D2 amp, and a bunh of hardware I was running short on.

The Lithiums will be my first home speaker build in 20 years. I'm pretty stoked to get at it

Leave a comment:

• devnull
    replied
    Used the 15% off deal and picked up 4 of the HSU subwoofers for 60 bucks a pop. Haven't decided on the final design, but I'm leaning towards an attic mounted box(es) venting into the living room ceiling. Need to do a lot more measuring with something smaller on a ladder and then simulating before I start the build and cut the ceiling up

Leave a comment:

• rpb
    replied
    I bought the Dayton SA100 100w plate amp. I plan to use it with an RS270P-4 that I bought a while back. The box will be around 3 cu-ft. Should have an f3 of about 23hz.

Leave a comment:

• stephenmarklay
    replied
    I have been looking at the sure dsp amp boards. I wanted to try DSP with my KEF LS50’s and then build a sub(s) to go with them with DSP as well.

Leave a comment:

• mattk
    replied
    Still debating about taking advantage of the 10% and buying either an imm-6 and dats, or going whole hog and getting the omnimic and dats. Or not buying anything.

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    PE has nice sale prices. I did splurge a bit but PE did not have what I needed, save for some RCA and banana jacks for a project.

Leave a comment:

• a4eaudio
    replied
    It enticed me but I have resisted, mainly because I didn't resist the CyberMonday sale and deal of the day:
    2 Dayton RST28As for $24.98 ea.
    4 Peerless 830656 SDS woofers (DoD) $11.89 ea.
    plus a $10 off coupon code

Leave a comment:

• Geoff Millar
    replied
    The VIFA BC25TGs look like a good deal for $12

https://www.parts-express.com/peerle...eter--264-1040

Unfortunately I already have a stash, plus living in Oz means the shipping is a killer!

Geoff

Leave a comment:

• donradick
    replied
    Really restrained myself - needed a beefy sub amp, so I got a Bash500 on sale. Almost bought some PS95s, but decided for a pair of Fountek FR59EXEs - going to use them in a Linkwitz Pluto clone or maybe a TM using first order crossovers. Trying to use the massive stock of drivers already on my shelves!

Leave a comment:

• Did this Christmas Season's Sales at PE entice you guys?

I've been trying to pare down things a bit speaker wise, but I do admit to picking up a few bargains with the sales PE had these past few weeks. I got things that I knew I had an immediate and pre-planned use for.

I Picked up drivers for 2 pairs of Bantams for larger format table radios when both the woofers and tweeters were on sale, and I also picked up one of the Dayton 2.1 amps. Had to try really hard to resist the urge to buy more ND65's. I've been pretty good I think with not buying more than I had plans for.... but tempted, I have been.

I thought the items PE had on sale were pretty well picked and at a really good discount. Reducing the free shipping limit to $49 has helped out with two of my orders as well.

Just wondering what you guys picked up during these sales and what you're planning to do with them.

TomZ
Working...
X