X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tomzarbo
    replied
    a4eaudio, thanks for the input...

I made a few changes to it based on your recommendations. I tried to just make a generic one that could be used for any type of speaker to keep it simple, but probably one for standard two-ways, three-ways, and MTM's, TMM's etc would probably be more logical. I sort of wanted this to be a list of all the dimensions that NEED to be recorded in order to generate a simulation, but in making it more adaptable, it's not as clear. I'll just leave it as is for the time being and maybe do separate sheets for each type of layout. I've actually wanted to do this for a long time, don't know what took me so long!

You're thinking is on the right track on multiple drivers if you have, say, two woofers... you would use the middle of the two woofers as the 'center' of the CtoC spacing with a tweeter or mid for example.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Speaker Baffle Dimension Template2 (Large).jpg
Views:	89
Size:	226.3 KB
ID:	1428394

TomZ

Leave a comment:

• a4eaudio
    replied
    • For z-offset, rather than one number at the top, should you have an option for each driver? I think for a three-way the midrange(s) and woofer(s) would each have their own offset relative to the tweeter. (I haven't designed a 3-way, so not 100% sure.)
    • Only for the one tweeter, should you have an option for horizontal offset for non-centered tweeter?
    • I am for sure not sure about this one, but for a 3-way is center-to-center all drivers to the tweeter or is it CTC between midrange(s) and tweeter and CTC between woofer(s) and midrange(s)?

Leave a comment:

• Millstonemike
    replied
    It's a good thing school started

Leave a comment:

• tomzarbo
    started a topic BAFFLE LAYOUT WORKSHEET for Crossover Simulation

BAFFLE LAYOUT WORKSHEET for Crossover Simulation

Hey guys...

Getting ready to do some file manipulating in preparation for crossover design. I always seem to forget a measurement I need when entering dimensions into Response Blender, PCD, etc. (my 'crossovering' room is upstairs and I usually do my computer work downstairs.)

Anyway, I thought it was time for me to create a worksheet so I can easily jot down dimensions for my speaker and also keep it for future reference.

I was hoping you guys could look this over for me and let me know if I forgot anything important.
    I made it kind of generic to fit most types of speakers that could be designed.

I'll include it as a pic here, but once we get it dialed-in, I'll PDF it so we can all download and print it out at higher resolution.

Thanks,

TomZ

Click image for larger version

Name:	Baffle Layout Dimension Sheet (Large).jpg
Views:	295
Size:	179.9 KB
ID:	1428143
Working...
X