Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T/S Parameters and BassBox 6 Pro

Question #1
    I have a question that I have been trying to answer for the past few days. When I am inputting T/S parameters for a DVC sub into BassBox 6 (or any other software) I am never quite sure how the QES and QTS numbers are published in the woofer spec sheets. Are T/S parameters published with the QES and QTS measured from just a single coil, or are they measured in parallel, or are they measured in series. I know the measurement of the QES or QTS should be about half the individual coil measurement when wired in parallel or series.

Question #2
    I am measuring a DVC woofer with a Dayton DATS to derive the T/S parameters. I have the woofer coils wired in series when measured. When I put the T/S numbers into BassBox 6 do I put the electrical and electromechanical parameters into the series column?

1) They are measured in series, there's a note somewhere on the PE webpage. Don't know if it's on the specification PDF
    2) If you measured them series then put them in the series column

Comment

anyway (purty sure) when box modeling, DVC arrangements will have the same Qts values whether wired in series or parallel. If you drive only a single coil, the Q values double (or is it halve?) approximately. Double I think.

Comment

Thank you very much for the answers. I was going crazy trying to search such a question.

Comment

Working...
        X