X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dcibel
    replied
    https://diy.midwestaudio.club/discus...#Comment_17799

Define "clearly better". Small changes to response way off axis in the top octave, I would argue that most of the old guys here would have a hard time telling the difference between the two. There's not much difference in the response until you get to 50-60 degrees off-axis, and even then effect is 10kHz+. To be honest the one without the phase shield has smoother on-axis response on the top end, which makes it clearly better to me.

And also just noticing that there appears to be a data error in the response curves for the tweeter with the shield removed. 30 degree plot and 37.5 degree plot appear to both contain 30 degree plot data, as you can see there is no yellow line, and the green line appears where you'd expect the yellow line to be.

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    Well- they are B-stocks he measured. It was clear they are better with the shield in place.
    https://diy.midwestaudio.club/discus...#Comment_17796

Later,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• tomzarbo
    replied
    Any idea on what the issue was response wise? Not to derail the thread, but I have a pair of the new silk dome tweeters that have a decent little dip in the 2k to 6k region that doesn't appear in PE's response graphs.
    TomZ

Ooops, I thought you were referring to the ones given away at one of the DIY shows, my memory isn't so good.

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    Bill did some measurements on the F, with and without the phase shield, and it appears it is required for the silk dome in this tweeter as well.

Later,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    replied
    They both have the same phase shield which I thought was a bit unusual

Leave a comment:

• Chris Roemer
    replied
    Just curious...

Leave a comment:

• Drummer
    replied
    Chris, are you thinking of building something with one of the variants? Glenn.

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    If you mean the RST28F and RST28A, they likely are as PE swapped bad-QC motors and sold the units to satisfy customers when an issue was found last summer.

Later,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• Chris Roemer
    started a topic RST tweeters ?

RST tweeters ?

Are these 2 units identical except for the diaphragm/vc assmbly?
Working...
X