Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLTL Help please

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MLTL Help please

    Anyone good with making MLTL- I cant find a calculator that'll sim one and provide a build list....looking to sim dual Dayton PA165-8 woofers. Anyone lend a hand with these?

    Ive tried Hornresp, but im a idiot and cant figure it out--im a BB-Pro guy lol

  • #2
    The Dayton PA165-8 seems to be a driver designed for midrange PA duty. Why do you want to use that particular driver in an MLTL?
    Brian Steele
    www.diysubwoofers.org

    Comment


    • #3
      Agreed. I did a quick model of an ML-TL for this driver using the published specs and it just doesn't model at all well, certainly not gaining any advantage by using it in an ML-TL.
      Paul

      Originally posted by Brian Steele View Post
      The Dayton PA165-8 seems to be a driver designed for midrange PA duty. Why do you want to use that particular driver in an MLTL?

      Comment


      • #4
        If you like j have a simple spreadsheet calculator based on Martin King's alignment tables. They don't calculate an MLTL but they will get you close. Bad choice of drivers though IMO. Shoot me an email address and I will send you the calculator file.

        Comment


        • #5
          Quick side note that Mr Karmody might like. I am currently finishing up a project using the HiVi B4N in a MLTL. Nice little budget drivers. Very versatile!

          Comment


          • #6
            Just to be sure there's no confusion, I'm Paul Kittinger, and I think you are referring to Paul Carmody here? I do have all of Martin King's software which is what I used for the quick model I mentioned. The PA165-8 simply does warrant use in an ML-TL, probably not any type of TL, IMO.
            Paul

            Originally posted by Krazyk View Post
            Quick side note that Mr Karmody might like. I am currently finishing up a project using the HiVi B4N in a MLTL. Nice little budget drivers. Very versatile!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Remy.Alexander View Post
              Anyone good with making MLTL- I cant find a calculator that'll sim one and provide a build list....looking to sim dual Dayton PA165-8 woofers. Anyone lend a hand with these?

              Ive tried Hornresp, but im a idiot and cant figure it out--im a BB-Pro guy lol
              HornResp "messed with my head" until I found a couple of dead simple tutorials. Give them a try, It's very rewarding to be able to run the models yourself.
              For instance, I ran a model for a completely cubish ported box, and was able to see all the modes and ripples that created. Fun stuff!
              Quote: Originally Posted by teodorom I have to shorten it to 129cm. Too much stuffing? Incorrect stuffing model in the MJK worksheet? Hmm using the pi

              I think I hear a difference - wow, it's amazing!" Ethan Winer: audio myths
              "As God is my witness I'll never be without a good pair of speakers!" Scarlett O'Hara

              High value, high quality RS150/TB28-537SH bookshelf - TARGAS NLA!
              SB13/Vifa BC25SC06 MTM DCR Galeons-SB13-MTM
              My Voxel min sub Yet-another-Voxel-build

              Tangband W6-sub

              Comment

              Working...
              X