Modeling and Design Software recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris Roemer View Post
    You should be able to make up your own target curves. Just use "textbook" filters on some "dummy" files you can make up that all have "flat" freq. AND imp. curves.
    I've got 4n & 8n .zma files, and 90dB .frd files. If I need lower SPL curves, I just add some series resistance (which WOULD alter the z data). Using an appropriate L-pad shuld let you target any SPL & Z
    I could, but that's a lot less convenient than having them readily accessible and configurable within the application itself.
    Brian Steele
    www.diysubwoofers.org

Comment

Originally posted by jhollander View Post
      Also from Dave is WinFilters which can export target curves for use with Xsim. Dave if you read this the SPL adjust feature for the target export curves does not seem to be working.
      I just tested the latest version (1.0.0 Rev 3), worked fine. Looks like a never uploaded to my web site. That was almost two years ago, that was probably the change for v3. Thanks for mentioning it. I'll get that uploaded and update my web site, probably tomorrow.

FYI to anyone not familiar with it, for target curves, it's built into WinPCD similarly to Jeff's PCD. And the SPL change adjustment does work in it.

dlr
      WinPCD - Windows .NET Passive Crossover Designer

Dave's Speaker Pages

Comment

I've updated WinFilters. The target outptut file will now have the nominal SPL as set.

WinFilters

dlr
        WinPCD - Windows .NET Passive Crossover Designer

Dave's Speaker Pages

Comment

Mentioned before, but the latest release of VituixCAD is really powerful and quite well streamlined. I'm really impressed that it's free. I haven't explored it fully but it seems to be a one-stop-shop for speaker design.

Dan
          The Hurricanes
          The Baronettes
          Conneccentric
          UX3

Comment

Originally posted by dlr View Post
            I've updated WinFilters. The target outptut file will now have the nominal SPL as set.

WinFilters

dlr
            Thanks Dave
            John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

Working...
            X