X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• donradick
    replied
    Originally posted by Smokin Joe View Post
    I ended up going with the SB Acoustics SB29RDAC-C000-4 Tweeter and new SB Acoustics SB17CAC35-4 6" ceramic woofer in a sealed enclosure. I had to pad the tweeter down a LOT but I'm more than happy with the results. For the most part HD is below the noise floor, imaging is the best I have ever accomplished. relatively simple second order crossover with a notch filter on the woofer. flat within +_3dB or less. The SB29 could easily handle 2 of the SB17"s
    Awesome build, dude!

Leave a comment:

• scottvalentin
    replied
    Those look great!! Nice job, and unique take on the facets/bevels. Very well done!

Leave a comment:

• fpitas
    replied
    Glad it all worked out for ya!

Leave a comment:

• Smokin Joe
    replied
    I ended up going with the SB Acoustics SB29RDAC-C000-4 Tweeter and new SB Acoustics SB17CAC35-4 6" ceramic woofer in a sealed enclosure. I had to pad the tweeter down a LOT but I'm more than happy with the results. For the most part HD is below the noise floor, imaging is the best I have ever accomplished. relatively simple second order crossover with a notch filter on the woofer. flat within +_3dB or less. The SB29 could easily handle 2 of the SB17"s

Leave a comment:

• guitar maestro
    replied
    You better believe it. In my tests of 10" midbasses, Beyma's Beat out all of the other 10s that I bought/tested in terms of HD performance under my criteria.

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...ster-midbasses​​

Needless to say, I'm on the Beyma bandwagon big-time. I don't know if I will end up using them because I still have more testing to be completed with horn-loaded AMT's, but they are a very good candidate for my rockin' and massive "music monitors"!

Among a sea of American, Italian, and Spanish heavyweights! (not pictured here are the Faital Pro 10FH530's, 10FH520's, and the 10HP1020s that I tested).

​​

So yea, I hope this helps with your original question.

Leave a comment:

• fpitas
    replied
    If you need screamingly loud, the Beyma might be a good choice. Pro drivers are made for good efficiency and power handling, with frequency response smoothness a secondary concern.

Leave a comment:

• scottvalentin
    replied
    Pretty much anything will work with the SB29 tweeter as it can be crossed really low. This means that aluminum woofers with breakups will generally be out of the passband for the woofer, larger woofers like an 8" could be crossed low enough to work well. Which means, that really, you have a ton of options, many much cheaper than a Beyma.

To start, you could use RS180's, 180P's, RS225 or 225P's, you could go budget and use the SD215, or this guy https://www.parts-express.com/peerle...aker--264-1146 which can be surface mounted and made for sealed enclosures and a good value.

Honestly you have hundreds of options because that tweeter can be used down to 1200hz probably with no issue unless you are planning on listening at 100dbs!

Leave a comment:

• Smokin Joe
    replied
    I was looking at the distortion levels, they are also quite efficient. This particular driver is rated at 50 watts. I'm looking for drivers to make us some surround speakers so getting down to 56Hz is OK. I'm looking for something to pair with SB Acoustics SB29RDAC-C000-4 Tweeter. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• fpitas
    replied
    They won't dig real low in sealed with that 56Hz fs. Beyma makes nice drivers for pro use, and those look good. There are flatter drivers out there if you don't need the power handling. What's so unbelievable?

Leave a comment:

• Smokin Joe
    started a topic Beyma 6B30/P driver

Beyma 6B30/P driver

Has anyone used this driver? Impressive specs if they can be believed. Looking at these for a Sealed 2 way.
Working...
X