What Type RF Input Is This ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Type RF Input Is This ???

Please forgive my ignorance. What kind of RF input is this?
    "We are just statistics, born to consume resources."
    ~Horace~, 65-8 BC

It's a TV aerial connector.
    "I just use off the shelf textbook filters designed for a resistor of 8 ohms with
    exactly a Fc 3K for both drivers, anybody can do it." -Xmax

Comment

Thank you. Is it F-type push-on? I need to adapt this female chassis connector to female RG59 and attach a typical male RG59 cable.
      ~Horace~, 65-8 BC

Comment

Based on the size of the center pin you probably need a RCA Male to Female F adapter.

Comment

It looks to be RCA. That's seldom used for RF, but you see it on occasion.
          www.billfitzmaurice.com
          www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

It doesn't look like an RCA connector. I googled "Aerial Cable Connector to coax adapter" and found this. https://www.amazon.com/Silver-Plated...=fsclp_pl_dp_1 It might be what you need.

Ron
            C-Note Iron Driver Build
            The Lydias
            The Cherry π's
            The Champs - Iron Driver 2015 Entry
            My Projects Page

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it. - Neil deGrasse Tyson
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjuGCJJUGsg

Comment

Made the assumption you were in the U.S., if you aren't it might be a PAL antenna connector.

Comment

Thanks all. I found this adapter that 'looks' right to me. What do you think?..... https://www.sfcable.com/f-type-quick...iABEgKlS_D_BwE

I'm in the USA and I think this tuner is marketed in Russia.
                ~Horace~, 65-8 BC

Comment

Doesn't look like the center pin will match up to the connector, the one that Ron E posted seems much closer. If this is Russian, the proper connector may not exist in this country! Maybe you can swap the connector out for one that can be used?

Comment

Originally posted by skatz View Post
                    Doesn't look like the center pin will match up to the connector, the one that Ron E posted seems much closer. If this is Russian, the proper connector may not exist in this country! Maybe you can swap the connector out for one that can be used?
                    That was my thought as well.
                    Craig

The lowest possible F3 box alignment is not always the best alignment.

Designing and building speaker projects are like playing with adult Lego Blocks for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron_E View Post
                      It doesn't look like an RCA connector. I googled "Aerial Cable Connector to coax adapter" and found this. https://www.amazon.com/Silver-Plated...=fsclp_pl_dp_1 It might be what you need.

Ron
                      Glad to see someone actually searched the internet for "aerial connector". I'm fairly certain it's interchangeable with a regular RCA, the only difference is that an RCA has the center pin sticking out past the shield, making certain that your speakers go BZZ when you plug in an RCA because the signal connects before the ground does. Try sticking an RCA in there anyway, maybe it'll fit good enough...or just buy this adapter that Ron_E linked to and use a f-connector.

Anyway, this connector is common for PAL systems, F-connector is common for North American NTSC.
                      "I just use off the shelf textbook filters designed for a resistor of 8 ohms with
                      exactly a Fc 3K for both drivers, anybody can do it." -Xmax

Comment

Okay, I'll try RCA and if that doesn't work then I'll either replace the connector on the chassis or replace the entire tuner.
                        ~Horace~, 65-8 BC

Comment

Working...
                        X