299-714 buyout 4 x 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tomzarbo View Post

That's a whopping $16 for four of 'em! I am resisting. I am strong.

TomZ
    Lol, as you can tell, I'm struggling too. It's so tempting but I've got a closet full of stuff already that I may never get around to. Probably be gone by the end of the weekend, let's hope. Must resist, must resist!

My "No-Name" CC Speaker
    Kerry's "Silverbacks"
    Ben's Synchaeta's for Mom
    The Archers
    Rick's "db" Desktop CBT Arrays
    The Gandalf's

Comment

Resist. Cheap plastic $0.50 drivers...
      Craig

The lowest possible F3 box alignment is not always the best alignment.

Designing and building speaker projects are like playing with adult Lego Blocks for me.

Comment

Originally posted by tomzarbo View Post
        I was actually wondering if the Denovo gentleman who makes flatpacks and complete packages for DIY'ers may have snatched a big bunch of them like he did when the Fountek's went from a bunch to a basketful to make flatpack bundles out of. I have to watch what I say -- or type -- I'm not saying he did, or that it was a bad idea back then -- a lot of people built those and loved them -- but since the inventory went down so fast it made me remember it, that's all. Actually, they're so cheap that they could almost be considered 'cart filler' to get to the free shipping threshold. I could see them moving really fast at any rate. It looks like 4 is the number to get to keep impedance good and get decent output to cover the lack of sensitivity. That's a whopping $16 for four of 'em! I am resisting. I am strong. TomZ
        Yeah, I wasn't so strong.Too much thinking about what they could be got me in trouble. Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Comment

These have been in my cart a few times but I keep taking them back out. The price has me interested but the required cabinet size makes me resist. Yes, I think 1/2cuft is too much considering the size of the cone.

Comment

What stops me is the ugly frame and the likely poor off axis performance from the recessed mounting. Sealed box performance is great. With DSP this could be awesome.
            John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

im still asking my self why i bought 12 of them :D

well when i bought them i was thinking of a 3s4p configuration, puts it at 4.5ohms, 300watt rms. was going to do free air or some kind of OB/IB setup. reading about OB/IB numbers and figuring things out for it makes my head hurt.

Comment

Seems to be out of stock now. Somebody bought alot of them. Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Comment

I just keep looking at mine and wondering how to mount them. Flush mounting seems like it would be very hard. Making a square-ish recess with an oval through hole accurately without a cnc would be very hard. Even rear mounting would need some type of jig or template. Maybe I'm just overthinking it. Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry, I have looked at them really hard, but that's it. Since the weather is warmer I have speaker projects that need to be finished. Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Comment

I have had some ideas from a ultra affordable table radio or one heck of a wide or tall subwoofer. Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X