Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kered
    replied
    I just keep looking at mine and wondering how to mount them. Flush mounting seems like it would be very hard. Making a square-ish recess with an oval through hole accurately without a cnc would be very hard. Even rear mounting would need some type of jig or template. Maybe I'm just overthinking it. Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Kered
    replied
    Seems to be out of stock now. Somebody bought alot of them. Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Mike E
    replied
    im still asking my self why i bought 12 of them :D

well when i bought them i was thinking of a 3s4p configuration, puts it at 4.5ohms, 300watt rms. was going to do free air or some kind of OB/IB setup. reading about OB/IB numbers and figuring things out for it makes my head hurt.

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    replied
    What stops me is the ugly frame and the likely poor off axis performance from the recessed mounting. Sealed box performance is great. With DSP this could be awesome.

Leave a comment:

• Dukk
    replied
    These have been in my cart a few times but I keep taking them back out. The price has me interested but the required cabinet size makes me resist. Yes, I think 1/2cuft is too much considering the size of the cone.

Leave a comment:

• Kered
    replied
    Originally posted by tomzarbo View Post
    I was actually wondering if the Denovo gentleman who makes flatpacks and complete packages for DIY'ers may have snatched a big bunch of them like he did when the Fountek's went from a bunch to a basketful to make flatpack bundles out of. I have to watch what I say -- or type -- I'm not saying he did, or that it was a bad idea back then -- a lot of people built those and loved them -- but since the inventory went down so fast it made me remember it, that's all. Actually, they're so cheap that they could almost be considered 'cart filler' to get to the free shipping threshold. I could see them moving really fast at any rate. It looks like 4 is the number to get to keep impedance good and get decent output to cover the lack of sensitivity. That's a whopping $16 for four of 'em! I am resisting. I am strong. TomZ
    Yeah, I wasn't so strong.Too much thinking about what they could be got me in trouble. Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• PWR RYD
    replied
    Resist. Cheap plastic $0.50 drivers...

Leave a comment:

• Kevin K.
    replied

That's a whopping $16 for four of 'em! I am resisting. I am strong.

TomZ
    Lol, as you can tell, I'm struggling too. It's so tempting but I've got a closet full of stuff already that I may never get around to. Probably be gone by the end of the weekend, let's hope. Must resist, must resist!

Leave a comment:

• tomzarbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Kevin K. View Post

Are you thinking maybe PE set some of these aside and reduced the available quantity for a future kit? Probably not a bad idea if they did.
    I was actually wondering if the Denovo gentleman who makes flatpacks and complete packages for DIY'ers may have snatched a big bunch of them like he did when the Fountek's went from a bunch to a basketful to make flatpack bundles out of.

I have to watch what I say -- or type -- I'm not saying he did, or that it was a bad idea back then -- a lot of people built those and loved them -- but since the inventory went down so fast it made me remember it, that's all.

Actually, they're so cheap that they could almost be considered 'cart filler' to get to the free shipping threshold. I could see them moving really fast at any rate. It looks like 4 is the number to get to keep impedance good and get decent output to cover the lack of sensitivity. That's a whopping $16 for four of 'em!

I am resisting. I am strong.
    TomZ

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    Nope- that's a one-way number.
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• Brian Steele
    replied
    That Xmax figure of 7.5mm looks a little suspect. Is that a peak-to-peak rating?

Leave a comment:

• Kevin K.
    replied
    Wonder if we'll see a flatpack subwoofer kit offered on these... I think that happened to the Quark Fountek buyout speakers.

Of course, that was a completed design too...

TomZ
    Are you thinking maybe PE set some of these aside and reduced the available quantity for a future kit? Probably not a bad idea if they did.

Leave a comment:

• dstmbgh
    replied
    I can imagine a classic square pedestal plant stand in antique oak with 4 of these stacked up on the back/blind side with an SA100 amp. Would make a nice subwoofer with very high WAF, I think.

Leave a comment:

• tomzarbo
    replied
    Wonder if we'll see a flatpack subwoofer kit offered on these... I think that happened to the Quark Fountek buyout speakers.

Of course, that was a completed design too...

TomZ

Leave a comment:

• Kevin K.
    replied
    Looks like they have over 1,350 of them at the moment.
    That is a REALLY good price for what it can do.

TomZ
    These are going fast! When Tom looked at them on Feb 10th, they had over 1350 pcs. Looked at them this last weekend and that was down to 850. Checked again today and it's now showing 229 pcs. Someone bought a boat load of them recently. Like Chris suggested, was thinking these could be fun to play around with in an isobaric configuration.

Looks like PE left money on the table with this buyout, they could have charged more. It's cool to see them offer stuff like this at these prices, makes it fun to tinker around with different ideas and do it cheaply.

Anyway, just thought I'd point out how fast they are selling in case anyone was considering them, better grab em while you can.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X