299-714 buyout 4 x 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 299-714 buyout 4 x 6

Anyone know what sound bar buyout special 299-714 was used in? Looks interesting for 4 bucks
    Last edited by Dwight; 02-06-2020, 10:06 AM.

The text says a sound bar, but not which one, and I cannot read the back of the driver.

Comment

Those model really well, incidentally. You can get pretty good output from four of them.
      Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

It actually looks unbelievable (esp. for $4). Anyone run one on DATS?

Xmax allows full rated power (25rms) down to 25Hz.
        Mid 20s in 0.7cf tuned to high 20s.
        40Hz in 0.4 closed cu.ft. Q near 1.0 .

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyrichards View Post
          Those model really well, incidentally. You can get pretty good output from four of them.
          This may be the dumbest question of the day, but how would you power four 6 ohm speakers? Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Comment

Make two series pair, and parallel those pairs, for a final of 6ohms.

Comment

A 6ohm series-parallel "quad". Most 8ohm amps might even be OK with that.

Comment

Thanks for the help. Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Comment

Would this be a correct wiring diagram? Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
                  Attached Files

Comment

Yes, that is what you are after.

Comment

Had not noticed that one before. It has indeed some excellent specs and seems like a real bargain at that price!
                      Don't worry, if your parachute fails, you have the rest of your life to fix it.

If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally ASTOUND ourselves - Thomas A. Edison

Some people collect stamps, Imelda Marcos collected shoes. I collect speakers.:D

Comment

I was a little shocked when I saw it's ts specs. I would like to know how many they have and what soundbar they came out of? Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like they have over 1,350 of them at the moment.
                          That is a REALLY good price for what it can do.

TomZ
                          *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
                          *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF *Cello's Speaker Project Page

*Building the "Micro-B 2.1 Plate Amplifier -- Part 1 * Part 2 * Part 3 * Part 4 * * Part 5 'Review' * -- Assembly Instructions PDF

Comment

It's likely an OEM from TB.
                            Wolf
                            "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                            "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                            "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                            "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                            http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                            http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

I see 2 in 1.4cf to go low...

now, at $4 apiece, you could put a quad in 1.4cf isobaric.
                              SA100 amp @ 25Hz. SEEMs like a cool "smallish" sub.

Comment

Working...
                              X