DATS v3 - rough impedance sweeps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DATS v3 - rough impedance sweeps

I've owned the DATS v1, v2, and now (after waiting 4 months) the v3.

I immediately noticed - when doing an impedance sweep to examine the tuning of a given enclosure - Z is all over the place. What was a smooth curve in v1 and v2 is now a rough mountain range in v3. What gives?
    Attached Files

pic?

Comment

Turn the volume up on the USB Audio Codec device.
      "I just use off the shelf textbook filters designed for a resistor of 8 ohms with
      exactly a Fc 3K for both drivers, anybody can do it." -Xmax

Comment

I think the new version has way less smoothing than previous.
        Even on the ' calibrate ' there is a roughness on the phase response
        where before it was smooth.

Comment

I have a related question of I could jump into your thread. After an upgrade to Windows 10 my DATA v2 no longer works. Is v2 supposed to work with 10? Thanks!

Comment

Stupid auto correct.

Comment

Sure, V2's workin' on Win10 on the notebook.
              Some (audio) setting got hosed, or "reset" (for your convenience).
              Check levels in various places (try going back to the PDF startup guide an follow along - like you just bought the thing!)

I THINK W10 always tried to set itself back to "1ch" at the wrong sampling rate. It needs to be "2ch" @ 44.1kHz (this was BESIDES the vol. settings thing).

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Roemer View Post
                pic?
                pic is in post

Comment

Originally posted by dcibel View Post
                  Turn the volume up on the USB Audio Codec device.
                  volume is 100%

Comment

Originally posted by hitsware2 View Post
                    I think the new version has way less smoothing than previous.
                    Even on the ' calibrate ' there is a roughness on the phase response
                    where before it was smooth.
                    I've noticed that as well. =/

Comment

I can't say why it's so rough, but so long as you see the peaks and valley it's telling you what you want to know.
                      www.billfitzmaurice.com
                      www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

> I can't say why it's so rough,

Less ' smoothing ' than earlier program ....

Comment

That is not a "less smoothing" issue. It is clearly noise, caused by poor signal to noise ratio, improperly set gains, or a cold solder joint/bad wire connection.
                          Craig

The lowest possible F3 box alignment is not always the best alignment.

Designing and building speaker projects are like playing with adult Lego Blocks for me.

Comment

(Even though it LOOKs like the orig. "WT3 Beta Testers" forum has been culled ...)

I'm pretty sure that I contacted John re: one of the (WT2? / WT3?) "upgrades" which suffered from this exact same problem, and he said it was an easy fix, and he FIXED it !

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Roemer View Post
                              I THINK W10 always tried to set itself back to "1ch" at the wrong sampling rate. It needs to be "2ch" @ 44.1kHz (this was BESIDES the vol. settings thing).
                              Yes, I think one release of Windows 10 did have this "feature" (sigh). I remember running into this same issue some time ago.

Just make sure that you're running the latest release of Windows 10, with all the updates.
                              Brian Steele
                              www.diysubwoofers.org

Comment

Working...
                              X